Spineless with no integrity?

I asked out a girl who works at a restaurant. She quickly agreed and we discussed common interest and agreed to go to a wine bar. I asked her for a day and she stated that she was extremely busy with work and her schedule was in the making. She then extended her hand (handshake) and promised that she would get back to me before the end of the month and promised a date. She insisted that her word "is gold" and further stated that she was very interested. I left it at that and told her that I look forwards the moment. At the end of the night I went to say goodbye to her and asked her for her number. She said she would love to give me her number but not in front of the employees (she's a manager); I told her to write it down on paper and discreetly give it to me. She nodded her head in approval, walked away and got lost in her work and never gave me her number. A week later I returned to her restaurant (I go there once a week) but other than a polite "hello" said nothing else and spent time with friends. The following week was the same. Finally the end of the month elapsed and she never gave me a day nor her number. I never brought up her promise nor do I seek any conversation with her instead I wonder what was her point? Why say yes? Why the speech about her "word is as good as gold" and then never follow through? Fickle? Is this a game? Do I leave it as is? Should I talk to her about it or shall I ignore her completely? What do you think?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes - I used to know two twins who worked at a restaurant - their boss told them to pretend they were single and flirt with the guys so they could get better tips (since the boss gets a cut of their regular tips). If they didn't flirt with the guys or lead guys on or pretend to be interested in guys and if they didn't dress sexy and attract as much male attention as possible - and their tips were too low - they got fired. Never date somebody who works in a professional environment like that - they might get hit on 2 dozen times a day.

Most Helpful Guy

• What do mean? You made this sound like a legal contract. She may just be trying to turn you down in a roundabout way. She doesn't have to go out with you.

• No legal contract. I asked her out, she accepted and then lied.

• Then move on. What do you expect. Just because she said something doesn't mean she has to do it. Especially when this is a very common way of rejecting others in a roundabout way. Some just don't want to openly reject others especially when it might lead to conflict of interest.

What Girls Said 1

• "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."
    --Luke 16:10 (New International Version)

What Guys Said 1