Is it bad if I told my significant other I sidnt want to listen to his physics comment?

So my boyfriend is studying physics and ALWAYS makes comment about someyhing and physics but i never say anything except cool... well lastnight he was talking about physics cause i brought up a microwave suggestion and when he started talking about physics i said i didn't want to hear it since I heard physics off and on all day and i was also really nauseated too at the time... when i found out how upset it made him i apologized and asked what hed like me to do but he wouldn't tell me anything... well he got super upset and insulted me on being sick so much ( i have an auto immune disease) and said its basically the same thing... i dont want to have anything to do with him now and dont know if im being over dramatic? I know i was in the wrong and i apologized but it wasn't enough... what should i do?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him you didn't mean to offend him but all your conversations can't revolve around physics. However a sickness is different you can't help it if you get sick but he can help but choosing what he decides to talk about. I would just talk about it maybe you two need a couple days apart that always helps.

• Thanks for not being mean! I never meant to hurt him and he KNOWS that cause he even said it... but he made things a lot worse

• No problem I know what you mean when you're tired of hearing about something lol.

• It wasn't that i was tired of it I just didn't feel good haha and apparently from the sounds of it people are angels and have NEVER told someone that they didn't want to listen to something! My boyfriend has told me he didn't want to listen to my interests before which yeah it hurt but i didn't care too much about it to make fuss! I would rather people be honest and tell me im annoying them rather than annoy the shit out of them one day and they snap! But like i previously said in the description I dont mind him talking about it:) we worked it out this afternoon and he realized it got out of hand and we are both working on our parts:)

What Guys Said 1

• You are a whiner and you want to play the victim.

Do him a favor and leave him now. It shouldn't be hard for him to find someone better.

• I only said it once.. he's talked about it every day since he's gotten into physics and im supportive! Just this one time im apparently a douche for it? Im sure you have said you didn't want to listen to some one at least 1 time before...

• I knew i was in the wrong and still know im in the wrong... how is that changing him? Its not😒

• In 15 years or so, you will know I am right.

In the meantime, I am not capable of describing colors to the blind.

What Girls Said 3

• Sometimes it can be frustrating to talk about things we have no interest in with our partners, but it's important to them so I think it's worth the effort.
    When you aren't feeling unwell for an hour sit him down and have a mature and respectful conversation that you don't want to talk about it ALL the time. Ask him if there is anything he feels that way about and adjust your behaviour too.
    My husband is soccer crazy, i can't stand it. He has a 10-15min window to debrief me after every game (and there is a game everyday) but then I'm out. He gets it

• I only said it once.. he's talked about it every day since he's gotten into physics and im supportive! Just this one time im apparently a douche for it? Im sure you have said you didn't want to listen to some one at least 1 time before... and i admitted that I was wrong i feel bad for it...

• Its the way it's been said though. You've hurt his feelings, he's entitled to that. I know you've apologised but it takes time for those feelings to go away which is why I suggested sitting down when you're both feeling calm and can be respectful but honest

• Its okay that he's mad i told him him i understand why he is mad and i truly felt sorry and that there isn't an excuse on my part... i really did try talking to him about his feelings before things blew up but he ignored my apologies and asking what he wanted me to know and how he felt... he never told me anything... and i sincerely wanted to know... i know i was in the wrong and i still am apologizing (this happened lastnight) but he doesn't accept my sorrys cause its not within his time for me to say sorry? It just hurts that hed bring up my health when i honestly didn't mean to hurt him and he knew that i didn't mean anyhrung by it since he told me so... I don't know

• Yes it is wrong what you did. He has a passion for something and you just trashed it. Lets take whatever you're passionate about and tell you to stop talking about it. I bet you'd feel like shit. You are suppose to support your partner and the things he loves. My boyfriend loves computer science. I don't understand a lick of it but if he is talking about it I listen and appreciate that he wants to talk about something with me that is so important to him. He shouldn't have insulted you on being sick, that was wrong too, but you did hurt his feelings. I think you guys should just shit down and have a grown up conversation and work through the problem.

• 2 wrongs don't make a right. That's where you sit down and talk about the problem. For adults you deal with fights like teens

• You dont know the full story and i feel like you didn't even read the description... we are more mature than many people our age... just because we may do thigs differently from you doesn't mean we are immature

• You don't sound very supportive... sorry to break it to you. Also, you're lucky to have a boyfriend who is super intelligent and would probably never crush you like that. Leave him if you're going to keep acting this way

• Not like the way you did.

• What do you mean? I just said not right now? We fixed it by the way and he realized his wrongs and now recognizes that I knew and know my wrongs...