My parents keep trying to control my life and my sister keeps getting into it?

i don't wanna make this long but anyways my parents are disappointed in me and angry all becuz i have a boyfriend. They get mad if i even bring up dating for whatever the reason it be but i honestly don't care. My dad hits me and he left me a knot on my face once. Can he get in trouble for that if i tell teachers at school? What do i do if he starts hitting me and shaking me? I try to remain calm. If i speak my mind=disrespect. I feel like no matter what i say, it doesn't matter or that it'll b held against me. If i get into an argument, how should i react if he swings at me? How do i tell him to leave my relationship alone because it's not hurting him? How do i tell my sister to mind her business and should i block her on all social media accounts i have because she stalks me? I feel miserable sumtimes and like nobody cares about my opinions. Can Sumbody please help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bloody hell thats crazy, i feel really sorry for you at this point you can't even trust your parents. Make them walk the plank and kill em.

• should i just break up with my boyfriend? Because after all he did cause this by telling them. Im tired of going through hell.

• No problem and goodluck.

• Thnks

Most Helpful Girl

• If your dad hit you in the face regardless of whats going on, he's a shitty person and yes he can get in trouble.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• My advice for your is to please listen to your parents because they're always after your safety. Our parents act like that because they care for our well-being and they have been through all this before that's the reason why they often disagree with our decisions for that very fact... you're still young at the age of 16. Love your parents. Have courage & be kind. Good luck!

• I've listened for 15 years. If they can't respect my relationship or my wishes then why should i listen to them? They are my parents but that doesn't mean they have to b controlling.

• So your saying that my parents have the right to push me around abuse me if i had a girlfriend? she's 16, and legally allowed to be in a relationship if her parents can't even respect that. Why would she respect their choices. Just because it happend and worked on you doesn't make it okay and will not be the same to others.

• thank you @ali55sven

• Sorry to hear this. Keep it safe with the boyfriend, use protection all times. Honestly I never told my family I had bfs, it's none of their business. It's nice to have someone who doesn't judge you esp when your family does. Fathers like respect and keeping thoughts to yourself is wise. Pretend to agree with them and make them feel appreciated as hard as it may be. College is around the corner, try to move out that time.

• what do mean use protection? I am not sexually active. I'm just not allowed to have a boyfriend.

• Let's insert an "if need be" before "use protection", the rest of the advice sounds perfect.

• okay

• definitely tell someone that your dad is hitting you because that is considered abuse

• That's why I never told my family about any of my relationships.
    You should tell someone about your dad. He shouldn't hit you. You can talk to teachers or to a counsellor

• should i just break up with my boyfriend?

• Oh ok sorry I didn't get it

• it's fine.