Is it considered creepy if I like a 18 year old when I'm 24?

So I've known this girl from a climbing gym I go to for about a year now. When I first met her I thought she was stunning so I struck a conversation with her to find out she was still in high school, so I backed off. We've occasionally climbed together and we have a lot of mutual friends (ones that are my age and older than me.)

Recently though she's been very assertive and has been asking me to hang out. She's graduated high school and is 18 now. Just last week, we went cross country skiing and had an awesome time. She came back to my place for some tea and once we got comfortable, we talked for a while and actually ended up making out. Ever since we've been talking almost every day.

I know some say it's just a number but is this considered creepy? I can't help but to feel extremely attracted to her. We have great chemistry, similar philosophies and hobbies.

159

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it isn't weird that you're attracted to an 18 year old.
    My boyfriend and i got together when i was 19 and he was 31. So, in all honesty, I find it completely normal.

So hang out with her. Have fun with her. Enjoy the time you both have with each other, you never know what may change.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's certainly not creepy to be attracted to her. That's totally normal. It's really good that you are asking this question, because it indicates that your head is in the right place. Just take it slowly and let things proceed at her pace. Don't parent her -- those six years since high school are pretty big. If she had plans, don't derail them. She still needs to finish growing up. If she was going to college she needs to go.

What Girls Said 14

• Yep.

• she's old enough to make her own decisions

• But are you in the same place in your lives right now? Probably not...

• I think it's okay... it may not last long tho

• It's normal. My boyfriend is 22. Just go for it but also be wary of the fact that she's only 18 so she's not as mature yet.

• it's normal. Go for it

• She 18 now then it won't be a problem 😁

• no it's not weird , plus she's 18. I love older guys

• not really... its normal..

• Not very

• nope it is fine

• I'm hooking up with a 25 year old and I'm 18. It's not a big deal

• If she was in high school (even at 18, 19) that would be gross in my opinion but since she's out now I think it's fine... I don't see the allure since your probably in far different place in life but it's not creepy.

• Men and women in a different place in life their whole lives, men and women the same age have NOTHING in common.

Our life for the first 30 years is a video game set on the hardest difficulty setting. Your lives, for the first 30 years, are video games on the easiest setting. Then magically, right around age 30, we switch difficulty settings. Suddenly all our hard work and struggle and sacrifice starts paying off, your years of partying and fun and hook-up culture have taken their toll, and suddenly the guys you used to snub without a second glance are snubbing you and so is everybody else.

That's our one revenge, for all the shit sandwiches we have to eat and pretend to enjoy all our lives.

livinglifeasme.files.wordpress.com/.../...-001.jpg

• @Bananaman177 Whoa man

• @Bananaman177 Well Thank God you have it all figured out, that must be a load off!-lol.

• Both are adults. It's no issue. Because if she's 28 and your 34 than it'd be ok then why not right now?

What Guys Said 8

• You are cutting it close, but fuck it, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be hooking with a girl that's 6 years than I am if I was extremely attracted to her.

• I couldn't imagine dating an 18 year old in regards to a relationship. Too much of a maturity gap.

• if a older man likes a teen girl its creepy, and if a teen girl likes an older man its not creepy lol. these days...

• People on this site seem to be far too concerned about their behaviors being "creepy". I don't find this to be "creepy" at all

• She 18 but you're right in that line

• That's what I need, these mid to late 20's have too long a track record

• Nah, u good mate

• It's fine.