Would you date someone you are not sexually attracted to?

Okay, so I dated this guy 8 months ago and we stil see each other once in a while. We also slept together a couple of times, the sex was amazing, I caught feelings, he didn't want commitment, you get the story. He's a prick, but I fell hard for him.

Now, I am moving on and starting to date other guys as well.

I met guy #2 who is really nice, smart, sweet, and who is totally boyfriend material. It's just that I don't think I am sexually attracted to him and will never be. My stomach churns at the mere thought of it, don't get me wrong, he may not be as good looking as guy #1, but he's okay.

Would this be a problem? Should I take the time to fully get over guy #1 first? I don't even know if I could D:

1912

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there are some basic minimum standards that you must like or be compatible with in order to start a successful and lasting relationship. Being physically attracted to them is one. It is one thing to not find them totally hot, but you sound like you are almost repulsed by him, so I would say you better not even start to date him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.

If you can't enjoy physical intimacy it's going to be depressing for both people. They'll feel unwanted and you'll feel repulsed or sexually deprived. It's not worth it.

What Guys Said 11

• Well ask yourself this, how do you think he would feel if he saw this question and knew it was you asking it? Even if you were to be fine with this, it's not fair to him. Everyone deserves someone who truly finds them attractive.

• Sex is an essential part of romance for me.

• No she has to fulfil all ticks for dating

• That wouldn't be fair to me or her.

• No. Sexual attraction tends to be pretty essential.

• I would not.

• Maybe if I was blind or had abnormally high testosterone levels.

• I would not.

• Yes..

• Nope.

• Stomach churns at the idea of sex = forget it.

What Girls Said 18

• You are not attracted to nr.2 because you just answered your own question, because you are not over nr.1, and you should drop them both and try to forget nr.1 and start a new beginning.
    It's normal what you are feeling and very understandable.
    Just try to forget him and get yourself something that you truly deserve, and i am sure you deserve the best.

• Why would you want to take time to know someone that wouldn't take the second out of the day to get to know you back? That's the problem these days, the girls always go for the bad guys. When there's a perfectly charming and sweet guy right in front of them they ignore it. I would get to know guy #2 first. He seems sweet. I wasn't too physically attracted to my boyfriend at first and after I knew him and started to go out with him, I fell for everything about him, looks and everything. He's pretty hot in my eyes now hahah

• If your stomach is churning at the though, what are you going to do when it's time to have sex with him? It's a huge problem. Being sexually attracted to someone is a big part of a relationship and I think it needs to be there.

You don't need to get over the first guy first, if the attraction with the second guy isn't there, it's not going to be there even when you're over the first one

• Sometimes we just aren't used to someone who is different than someone we lust, and your attraction may grow, but if you in time can't see this I would let go

• No there needs to be some attraction

• Yeah I believe that's why you can't really bring yourself to do it with someone else. I'm the same way if I really like someone I find it hard to be with someone else or to even think about it.

• Nopeeeee

• I rather f a gigolo

• No fuck that. Looks are important somewhat, don't kid yourself.

• Yup from my experience its always best to go for the man who likes you more than u like him. They treat u better and do way more for you.

• No don't do it

• no way no how!

• No, sexual attraction is essential.

• You got to have the whole package in order for a relationship to work.

• nope. why would i.. Choose someone ur heart wants...

• Rebounds NEVER WORK. Put your heart in place of his. Would you be totally fine if it were reversed?

• not really

• Yes you should take the time to get over him and yes you can get over him. Time heals all wounds. If you spread your legs for this guy that your not attracted to you are lying to him and yourself, you are also not acting ladylike and throwing your self respect away. So guy #1 is a manipulative man whore, and you fell for his sweet talk. Learn your lesson and protect your heart, don't do it again. Looks should have little to do with your opinion of the person. To base a relationship on looks is shallow and will never result in a good long lasting relationship. We all get old and wrinkly, it is the person that matters, can you live with them and their habits for 50 years, long after their hair has fallen out of their head and grown into their nose and ears. If you can't do not play man #2 the way man #1 played you. Be respectful of his feelings and let him go before he falls for you the way you fell for #1.