Should I feel embarrassed for making the first move?

So I went out with a guy I'd been speaking to online last night. I've not been on many dates since breaking it off with my long term ex. Anyway, we went for food about 7ish, then he suggested we go somewhere for some drinks. We stayed at this bar until 12.00, and then ended up in this dodgy night club which we both found hilarious and we left at 2.00AM. By this point he was being very flirty with his body language, and we even had a little dance to the awful music. He drove me home (he didn't drink over the limit) and he kept saying that he's looking forward to our second date next weekend. I'd drunk a lot of cocktails throughout the night, but I was able to handle myself and before I said goodbye I kissed him (dutch courage I think) and we made out in his car for a while. He left, and when he got home he kept saying how amazing I was... but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. I don't usually make the first move! Am I overthinking this?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Good God. So you had a perfect night with a perfect guy and both of you want a second date, but all you can think about right now is how bad it was that you didn't comply with 1950s gender stereotypes?

weknowmemes.com/.../polar-bear-facepalm.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. Why would you actually feel embarrassed of something like that? On contrary, it is quite ballsy of you. I wish more people had the same courage!

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds fine to me. You were having a great time and rolled with it. You did nothing wrong. Do you regret kissing him?

• Unless guys should be embarrassed each time they make the first move on a girl, I highly doubt that you should be embarrassed for making the first move on a guy.

• He feMaybe but that's really sweet of you

• Yes, you are totally overthinking this. He said you are amazing. He wants to see you again. Believe him! There is no need for embarrassment. Enjoy it!

• Find me a girl like you!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!