Should I feel embarrassed for making the first move?

So I went out with a guy I'd been speaking to online last night. I've not been on many dates since breaking it off with my long term ex. Anyway, we went for food about 7ish, then he suggested we go somewhere for some drinks. We stayed at this bar until 12.00, and then ended up in this dodgy night club which we both found hilarious and we left at 2.00AM. By this point he was being very flirty with his body language, and we even had a little dance to the awful music. He drove me home (he didn't drink over the limit) and he kept saying that he's looking forward to our second date next weekend. I'd drunk a lot of cocktails throughout the night, but I was able to handle myself and before I said goodbye I kissed him (dutch courage I think) and we made out in his car for a while. He left, and when he got home he kept saying how amazing I was... but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. I don't usually make the first move! Am I overthinking this?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you are totally overthinking this. He said you are amazing. He wants to see you again. Believe him! There is no need for embarrassment. Enjoy it!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. Why would you actually feel embarrassed of something like that? On contrary, it is quite ballsy of you. I wish more people had the same courage!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE