Should we go Dutch or should I let him pay?

I've been talking with this hottie for a couple of weeks now and we get along really well. We talked this morning about good restaurants in our area and I just casually asked him if he wants to join me for dinner and he said yes. It will be our first real date together and I'm a bit nervous.

I have everything planned out but I have one question though. When the bill arrives should I insist on paying for my half? Or should I let him pay for everything (given of course that he offers but I'm pretty sure he will)?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• if he offers to pay, accept him paying, but don't expect him to, offer to split it, if he says yes, then split it, if he says he'll pay then insist, once more, if he again refuses, then let him pay, but if not, then split it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him pay.

What Guys Said 5

• you pay your half. it's safe.

• The first couple of dates he should pay for you but it's nice if you offer to go Dutch. Most likely he will say no and pay anyway but the gesture counts.

• Pay your half. Show him you're equal.

• Dutch.

• He should pay.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!