Can you enter a friends with benefits relationship with someone without catching feelings?

Just seems like the majority of friends with benefits couples end up with one or both catching feelings.

think you could do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can and I have.

• whats the longest one?

• amazing. it seems rare when friends with benefits actually works

• I agree most people find it difficult to separate sex from love/romantic feelings but when it works it's great

What Girls Said 22

• Nope. Not a chance. If we fuck there'll be feelings or I'll be repulsed, which is why I don't fuck random people who aren't lovers.

• Yes. Sex does NOT create bonding, that is a myth. Bonding behaviors create the bond.
    Hugging
    Kissing
    Hand Holding
    Lot of intimate time alone together sharing hopes fears and dreams
    Toughing in affectionate ways

Ladies, answer honestly, how may of you have sex with a guy BEFORE engaging in ANY of these behaviors? We all know the truth, the answer is that most won't go to bed unless all of these things have happened. We've been trained that you should only have sex with someone that you do feel close to and have a connection with. But NEWS FLASH, sex and love are NOT connected!!

Sex is for making babies, and love is not required for biological reaction to occur. When you feel lust for someone, the desire to have sex with them, it ONLY means ONE thing: Nature is telling you that you will have stringer healthier babies with this person than other available options.

• it does actually
      you release some hormones after sex that triggers your attachment

• I never said you had issues.
      but anw that exactly proves my point, sex does leas to attachment for girls.
      you have to forcefuly act to avoid it.
      but the natural reaction is feelings

• @archiz Not for me. I have never bonded or attached through sex. I was recommending what others have done to avoid it.

• Nope, I couldn't do it. I'd have to know he has romantic interest back before having sex.

• it never worked well for me, it always got complicated because the guy or myself began to feel jealous :/
    I'm sure that it works for some people tho, a friend of mine was in that kind of relationship for one year, and then they both started dating some other people and still remain friends, although i can still feel some kind ofsexual tensions sometimes...

• i could absolutely gave sex without getting attached, i just have no desire to have sex with someone im not attached to. itd make me feel gross.

• I'm unsure. I don't think that situation would be something that I would desire in my life.

I bet at least one would catch some sort of feelings. I bet that's common

• Friends with benefits is never a good idea. Period

• Maybe

• I don t think I can

• Probably not. I wouldn't do friends with benefits anyways.

• Hell no I can't. I'm not one of these new age women and can't fool myself into thinking I don't want more lol

• Catching feelings is bound to happen especially for girls and in my own personal perception, if I agreed having sex with someone, it means this person is my boyfriend... if it's a hook-up, I see a huge potential that this person will be my boyfriend soon. Bottomline, it has to be with someone that I know I have deep feelings and not just lust or a temporary thing. I guess most girls are like that.

• I do it. As long as there is a good foundation and rules put in place your good.

• no, i can't

• Been in this situation and failed

• Nope! Women are emotional bonders, that's just the facts. It's not a bad thing, it just... is.

• Yes as long as they stay clean.

• No I can't

• i don't think so. sex releases bonding hormones especially in girls. so unless you've become emotionally desensitized to sex, I don't see how how it can work.
    I'll never understand how people just hook up. i need a committed relationship to have sex.

• i got out when i started thinking of possibilities..

• I have an friends with benefits. So far so good. He may have started getting feelings though because he's a little jealous that I still date other guys. I've got to keep a close eye on him to make sure it's not out of love, but that it is because of control and lust.

• nah it won't work one usually always catches feelings feeling more than the other, its not worth it and you only get hurt in the end , been through it...

What Guys Said 8

• Of course. Been there, done that. My current friends with benefits doesn't seem to have any feelings for me, and I don't have any for her either.

• I don't think I can have sex without feeling some sense of attachment. It's the reason I don't have casual sex.

• Most girls are not ok with just slipping it in and saying ciao the moment its over

It works for guys that find girls that are ok with a quick slip in whenever they want

• Yes, have never had feels catching been an issue with FWBs. It's not an arrangement unless you are both emotionally mature and able to separate sex from emotions, though.

• I can not say with certainty if I have never done it before.

• Nope I couldn't. I'd catch the feels.

• I think it's even more likely, that one or the other will catch feelings, than opposite sex friends.

• Maybe