Guys says he prefers to have lots of fun and meaningful relationships instead of one true love. Does this mean he's not truly serious?

This is one of those answers he put down on a survey in his dating profile. Does my relationship with him have any potential? I don't want to confront him about it because I don't want to scare him away. I just don't know how to get him to clarify his intentions with me.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's the same age range as you, it's not surprisingly he doesn't want to get tied down yet. Having lots of relationships (and note he says meaningful) is a great way to learn about life, yourself, and what you want out of it. Then he will have a much better idea what kind of girl he wants to settle down with long term.

• He's older. I just don't know if he's implying that he'll never be satisfied with one person. Do you think that's what he meant?

• He wants the full breadth of experiences that life has to offer. These aren't flings, but they aren't life partners either.

• So if I date him, should I give up on the idea that we could be exclusive to each other?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that is exactly what it means.

What Guys Said 2

• if you feel the same then ya it has potential. if u dont then u need to ask why he put that. maybe it was a typo. maybe he has a different outlook. u need 2 ask him anyway because if u can't ask stuff then yur relationship won't work anyway.

• Why would he say that though? Does it mean that he's as ever going to be satisfied with just one girl?
      How do I ask him? I'm depressed now.

• i think that it is possible. dont be depressed. people are so different. just ask him say hey i noticed u answered a queston that said u would rather have many relationships. could u please tell me what u mean by that?

• Don't take those questions too seriously...

• Can u tell me why? He's clearly saying that he would rather be with multiple people than one person to love forever. What does that tell you?

• He does say that he's looking for love though.
      Is he implying that he's not serious by saying that he would prefer to have lots of relationships instead of "one true love"? I wasn't sure if he meant that he would rather have the experience of dating more people than just limiting himself to one person from the very beginning and forever without giving others a chance...

• Try to talk and get to know him, those questions aren't solid facts, Don't worry too much about the questions...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!