Being foolish? He's 18 nearly 19 and I'm 31?

I met this guy about 6 months ago and we have just clicked, I've found we have spent a lot of time together but I've always tried to keep it on a friendship level but my friends kept joking he was "falling for me"
We haven't told anyone but we've been dating for a couple of months now and things are going great. We have a great time together and when we are together it just feels right. I'm just scared I am being foolish and also I have a fear of what other people will think.
He came to pick me up from work one day and my colleague made a few comments about she'd hate her 18 year old son spending time with a 30 year old woman as it seems wrong. But then no one seems to bat an eyelid at older guys and younger women.

817

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you like him? Go for it, it doesn't matter what people will say, he's old enough even according to the laws. The age gap is another story, since you're older probably you'll have to be more patient with him about some things, but it doesn't mean that things can't work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you're creepy. Leave the teen be and find someone your age.

What Guys Said 16

• It's uncommon to see older women with younger men, so people make comments about it. But they'll still talk if the genders were reversed, because that much age difference is pretty big.

• I wouldn't say foolish but a bit strange seeing how he is still a teen. Just make sure he wants a real relationship and this isn't just some older woman fantasy of his.

• Who cares? Have fun.

• i hooked up with plenty of women in their 30's when i was in my early 20's, age is just a number if u guys are good together who cares what other people think?

• He's lucky, I've always preferred older women

But it's just a double standard, I've always seen a problem with like a 16yr dating someone in their 20's ( which is common )

• He's 18 . Nuff said.

• age is just a number 😊 just be happy and enjoy 😊

• Have fun but it depends what you are looking for. If you want marriage and settling down with 1 guy that's most likely not going to happen with a 19 year old when you are 31

• If your both fine with it, its harmless. Who cares what other people think, right. Its your life not thiers.

• Who cares what people think. He's an adult already.

• honestly just keep doing it. Is it strange? yea its not common but who gives a shit, ITS LEGAL. Im 19 and i wish i could find a 31 year old women cause a lot of girls my age just are all that much my type. keep doing what you're doing.

• 😂😂😂😂😂
    GL
    play with him and be done, you'll have trouble later

• he is legal

• You're 31 but you think like a 14 year old. So it's really not that big deal. He's older than you anyway. Just blow him and go to bed.

• Age might be a number but remember he is still a kid and not mature as yet because maturity comes with age and experience. He just got out of High school so he has no clue how the world works. You have to make a rational decision because if anything goes wrong in the future you both might end up hurting each other.

• Go with it. Don't worry about what people say.

What Girls Said 7

• People can click with each other irrespective of age, society will always judge. I find that if a person can hold their own amongst the rest of your friend group then their emotional age is probably compatible with yours.

• I'm a woman that dates older men by 20+years difference and are enjoying he same age as my dad. Your in an era of acceptance... generally. Some women can be judgmental but find half the time its through jealousy because if the shoe was in the other foot; they would be doing exactly the same as you. You will get the odd looks but who cares, feel self assured that your an attractive woman and you have this lovely young man lusting after you. What you two have is between you both... enjoy it!!! x

• don't worry about waiting for society to catch up. enjoy your life. i mean seriously, who cares? there are a LOT of things mothers would hate for their sons to do, by the way, what a rude comment.

• No, just no. Like really.

• He's snow adult by law and if he has consented to the relationship you shouldn't worry about what others think. Just keep in mind that he might meet a younger person someday and end things with you.

• So problem

• Do what you want