How do I get to know a guy better even tough I'm a bit socially awkward?

Hello I would please appreciate some tips into his case

In January I began my second semester of university and in one of my classes I ended up sitting next to this guy and we would simply just sit next to one another and just smile at one another but no speaking involved, and then strangely enough he happens to be in another of my classes and anytime I would see him we would smile at one another and at times when our eyes locked his face would turn red ! and even at times he would try to catch a glance at me anytime he thought I wasn’t looking in which I caught him staring a week ago ! So On Wednesday he finally began a conversation and asked me if I was in his other class and we just finally began speaking about our classes and he asked me a few questions and then that was it for that day as we had to stop talking due to our lecture resuming. Then today he suddenly decided to sit behind me in our other class and I then asked him how he felt about our upcoming test and we just chatted for a bit and then didn’t speak for the rest of the class. As I left I then told him goodbye he just looked and nodded – anyhow I would love to get to know him better but I’m shy so most likely I’m a bit awkward how do I go about this? Thanks for the tips ! we are both in our 20's

Most Helpful Guy

• I would suggest giving him your number, because it seems you guys already made a connection. And maybe that will give him the courage to ask you out.

What Guys Said 1

• he has to make move since you are shy. try messaging him. will be easier to talk in chat rather than personally. and in lectures you will have things to talk about.

What Girls Said 1

• If I were you, I'd just try to chat with him more. It's the only way to actually get to know him better. Also, do you have any friends in common?