Relationship problems please help?

by the way I know I asked this yesterday but I really need responses I'm worried. Okay so a few months ago I did something to hurt my boyfriend but at the time I didn't know it was hurting him. (I didn't cheat or anything really bad like that) anyways he also always thinks about my past relationships which were really bad by the way and awkward and we never talked to each other. Anyways so my boyfriend is just so stuck in the past about these things and I've tried everything I've said everything I could think of and it never helps, he's tried letting it all out to me and it still didn't work. I really need help it affects our relationship and he thinks about it everyday and it makes him so sad and he's been depressed since it's happened please help I need to know how to help him get over all this and I love him and don't want to see him hurt like this I feel so bad and I wish I knew it was hurting him at the time just please help!!

What Guys Said 1

• You can't make anyone get over hurt feelings. Only time will tell. All you can do is what you are doing now to help him get over whatever is bothering him. It's his decision, and his alone.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't do anything, either he can be at peace with the past and focus on your relationship now and prevent his own insecurities or issues affecting it, or he can't (obviously he can't). It's not for you to deal with and you can't fix anything for him. If it continues to have a negative impact on your relationship then it will get worse and inevitably end, so he will either make the effort to resolve his problems or keep letting it ruin your relationship, but what you can decide if if you want to remain in the relationship if his issues keeping having a negative impact on it.