Do you have any 'friends' who completely abandoned you after getting with a bf/gf?

Like they made their entire life centered around them and only them and don't hang with their friends anymore?

2212

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, honestly, many of friends are like that... and I was, too, to be fair. We just get caught up in our own lives and don't see each other nearly as much as we used to. Then again, I know if I ever need them to talk or whatever, they will be there for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah. My friends are busier now that they have a family but they haven't abandoned me. We still play video games together occasionally.

• What would you think if a friend of yours did that?

• I would think that they don't know how to balance their lives. It speaks volumes if they think their friends are so easily dropped.

What Girls Said 21

• I had two friends who got together and basically spent every moment attached at the hip, like the one even moved in with the other and the other one's mother when they were 16 which I thought was a little insane but they didn't totally close themselves off from everyone else.

• Yup. Even when I have proof that she cheated on him at the very beginning with her ex. She's using him, it's been a year, and they've just announced their wedding date! April 4th. Because he has GOT to be stoned.

• **April 20, April is 4th month lol confused myself

• Right? Because this honestly does hurt, it's keeping me involved and making me want to protect him, which means meddle. It's his life. He made his choices and I just want to move on.

• Just put your foot down say the next person to tell me something I'm cutting off and cut them off because they obviously can't hold water

• yes, and it's so devastating. me and my boyfriend have the same group of friends. and we're the only ones who tries to keep them together but it does not work.. most of them settled down.

• Not completely abandon

• Yeah, my old best male friend did that. I cried, it sucked and i got over it. Now i have new friends, so life goes on as they say.

• Oh I totally do that according to my friends it's even worst off that I'm married sometimes you just want to wrap yourself in a cozy bubble with your S/o and enjoy every moment with them and between work and or school that's not as much time as you think

• no they didn't completely abandoned me

• Hmmm, not that I can think of. Most of my besties didn't have partners.

• Yup. Many.

• are you no longer friends with them?

• Nope. Basically all of my high school friends. It was awesome. I was breaking up with my boyfriend because of my dad. Basically my dad woke up one day and his toes were black and the skin peeling off. I took him to hospital and he needed an amputation within the month.

I was only a learner driver at the time and so my attendance at school slipped to 22%. My boyfriend broke up with me because I was caring for my dad (who couldn't walk and I was cleaning and dressing his wounds aged 17) and working to pay the bills because he wasn't working and my parents had recently divorced (the judge gave her all my uni fund so there went that dream). They all got all their qualifications and went to uni while I continued caring and working for my dad to pay the bills. What really annoyed me was the last day of school I made sure I was there. Every single one of them ran away from me down the streets to escape me and celebrate the day without me.

• I ended up going home and crying. But they all had a lovely time.

I don't speak to any of them now.

• No. ...

• I did have one, but she is no longer of this world

• yes i have one, who showed up at my office to see me today after 5 months (he's been dating her since 7 months and he is my friend since 4 years)

• Yup, I feel a lot of people when in relationships do this. It's quite sad.

• everyone is like that to a degree. i'm probably more like that than others.

• do you think its crappy for friends to do this?

• i don't care too much, then again i never put too much stock in ”friends” because i've been betrayed a lot

• I have to be honest I did that to a friend years ago and regretted it ever since.

• those kind of people usually end up being the fake ones

• Nope, my friend's aren't like that

• I have actually done this myself. it was dumb and I never will again!

• Nope., some of my friends may say I did in the begining (we are all close again now... talking about the begining). I couldnt' tell anyone no so my friends and boyfriend were always together... I didn't want to chose so eventually they started hanging with me less and complaining... I just tried to keep it even. Years later we are all close as shit though. Most of them are paired off themself and nothing beats forever friends so obviously we fixed our ish... something are more important.

• yeah they're usually the shittiest friends though so fuck them

What Guys Said 11

• i did, though a friend who abandons me or in general abandons someone for a relationship, work or anything in general was no friend to begin with... friends shouldn't be those people that hang around only during fun, unimportant times, what will happen when the bad times come? run away? i can't even think of someone like that as a friend

• Nope in fact I was hanging out with one of my best friends at his and his fiances apartment just last week.

• Don't have any to begin with but that means I already know what abandonment is.

• Yeah, everybody knows people like that. Some of them eventually come back, whereas others never do.

• yup..

• are you no longer friends with them?

• yeah I think it's bullshit! It was really hurtful to be honest, and it became common for things to be a lot more one sided then they used to be. Like he would need help moving, fixing, building something at home and would ask for my help but would not return the favor because their girlfriend would be upset/had plans or whatever excuse they would have.

• Yup. A lot of friends have done that.

• Yes... They're not my friends anymore. They suck!

• i dont have any friends.

• No, if someone does i typically remove them as a friend, lol.

• Yep. Then they break up then want to hang with me again. The hell with them

• yeah I've heard of this happening before , it does happen