Do you think its true that once you break up with someone you shouldn't love them anymore?

i hear this a lot sorry a ex is a ex for a reason and if you still have feeling for them but learned to deal with it n moved on then something wrong with you.

you shouldn't date at all till you feel nothing for your ex at alll. i also hear if you stop having feeling for a ex just because you broke up then you never really loved them.

which is true?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I started dating 2 weeks after my ex dumped me. I was very much in love with her (we were together for a year) and didn't handle the breakup well at all. I basically forced myself to get over her. It took a while to get over her and I would say it took about 2 months until I was over her to the point of not wanting her back and not having bad moments every now and then. I stopped loving her when I found a new girl by chance who I really hit it off with (that was 1 month ago...3 months after the breakup). I currently feel just about nothing for my ex. I mean I still care about her and hope she's well (I don't think that ever goes away) but I no longer think about her all the time and I no longer miss her or love her. She's really just someone I used to know.

• how do u known u got no feeking left for her? have u seem her since the break up_

• thanks man! I don't plan on seeing her any time soon or ever really. I am very curious though to as how I would handle it, I mean I think I'd be just fine but there's really no way to tell is there lol.

• nope no way too tell till it happens 1 of 2 things will happen. 1. it will hit you hard or 2. you won't feel a thing. i been on both ends of the shoe but i think you will be fine

What Girls Said 2

• You shouldn't date them again but live's not like a faucet. You can fall out of love but some people you never quite loving. Meaning caring about the well being and want the best for. It hurts to hear bad things happen to them even if you are happily remarried.

• this is like but why not date them agin if they didn't cheat or abuse you?

• I think that there is no time period on love or feelings. They just have to run their course. I don't think anyone just shuts feelings on and off like a switch because they break up.

What Guys Said 1

• If you ever stop having feelings for them, you probably didn't really love them. And anyone that tells you differently hasn't really experienced love. Love is rare and special, but we use the word like it means "liking enough to date"