Why does it seem like when you talk to a female you meet online?

If you don't continue to ask questions they don't ever ask you any questions? I had my fun with talking to woman on dating sites and I always notice it's like my job to ask all the questions? They rarely will ask me more than my name or job where I'm from maybe? I have to think of things to ask and I find myself using the same thing every time even though I hate doing that. Sometimes I can get a date but it's just odd because you would think they would be more talkative and want to know more about me. I literally found certain lines that worked to get me dates but I hate doing that it doesn't seem right.

I don't date anymore online or off but I always notice this. I still have an account and when I get a notification and I start a conversation I've stopped asking all the questions and have had a 100% success rate with the conversation ending after the opening hello. Rarely I've asked a question usually I get and answer but it's never followed with a question so I never respond. I just hate chasing and then 75% or more getting rejected anyway so I just don't say anything now. Just wonder if there is a reason for this and I'm just missing something else?

Most Helpful Girl

• On a dating site, a woman gets many messages from men. She gets to talk more with the one who seems the most interesting. Talking with a lot of guys, having the same conversations over and over again becomes like a... habit or so. However, you are right, the woman should engage in the conversation and ask questions and talk more when they feel a connection with a man. I was on a dating site before and I even initiated conversations with guys I was interested in. I dated only one of them once. Try to go further than "how are you?" , "how old are you?" , "where do you work/study?" etc. Try asking them about hobbies and make the conversation bold and interesting... The same questions become boring.

What Girls Said 4

• Women have way too many options online. A ton of guys are hitting them up so they don't feel the need to make effort in conversation or the amount of messages is too overwhelming to make any effort.
    They might also be crappy conversationalists. People love talking about themselves.

• Maybe the females got tired of doing all the first contact with men. And are now enjoying the feel of the guy doing the work. I was the same way. Initating contact with guys, asking how their day was... going little to no contact back. I stopped doing that years ago. I now sit back and wait until a guy messages me to show that he is interested then make conversation.

• It's because they aren't interested in getting to know you. If I'm genuinely interested in a guy I'll ask questions to get to know him better. If I don't ask, it's because I'm not interested in pursuing anything with him

• lol so no one was ever 1 time interested? Even the ones I dated?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more