Should I ask my best friend how he feels about me?

We started off as distant coworkers, ending up hooking up at a party and went on a few dates. I left for college and we lost touch. The next summer, I became basically his other half. We hung out everyday & he brought me everywhere, I met all his friends and family. He had a girlfriend but I don't think he liked her that much. She ended up getting deported so they broke up. All id hear from our coworkers was that he talked about me NONSTOP and said all these great things about me. I kinda thought he might have feelings for me but I went back to college and we didn't talk as much. That October, we finally had sex for the first time, we were super drunk and it was on his friend's couch. 😂 He still brings up "that magical night" (as he calls it). A few weeks after that he got a girlfriend. I was pissed and ended up making out with his friend on my 21st birthday. He got super jealous and didn't talk to me for weeks, even though he had a girlfriend & didn't even spend my fucking birthday with me. We had to stay friends tho cause of how close I got with his friends. His girlfriend & I were "friends" but I knew she hated me because her boyfriend probably had feelings for me. They broke up two weeks after I came home following college graduation. Now, we're both single. Two weeks ago, he told me he loves me. It was after making fun of me but it was the first time he said it to me so it was weird. I'm trying not to overthink it. Last weekend, we went to a bar and he was all over me. He kept telling me how great I looked and bought all of my drinks. He invited me to sleep over but NOTHING HAPPENED. I literally don't get it at all. We just cuddled. All night. There's a lot of sexual tension between us but we haven't even kissed since we had sex. He acts like he loves me but he's done some crappy things to me in the past so I don't know. I think I love him and want to figure out where he stands because we have never addressed anything. All of our friends can see it and it's just odd

11

What Guys Said 1

• Wait for Feb 14, and give him a nice gift...

What Girls Said 1

• I imagine he has a crush on you, but he probably doesn't want to destroy your friendship. Maybe you should confess to him.