When a guy wants to be sure before making a move, does he just not like you?

Had three dates with this guy, who won't make a move on me until he is 100% sure I am the one, he tells me he really likes me and thinks I'm the most amazing girl he has met, but from his past experience of dating 7 girls, whenever he follows his feelings/instincts, it never lasts. He doesn't want to act on his instincts and make a mistake, and lose me in the end - he wants to be 100% sure that this will be a long-term one before he makes a move on me i. e. kiss me.

I really like this guy, but I don't know if he is just stringing me along and just doesn't like me... or if I should wait it out?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• How long have you been dating firstly? Guys are careful when they have been hurt before so he might be taking his time and making sure.

What does your gut instinct tell you? it's normally on the right tracks in my experience. Hopefully he is not stringing you along. Both guys and girls sometimes string each other along while they try and find another person to get with.

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to kiss you though. He could be inexperienced perhaps? I mean, most guys would have tried to get you in bed by now.
    good luck

• We've only been dating for a month - seeing each other once a week - he always initiates the dates too. My gut instincts tells me to just keep talking to this guy, but I think it's because I like him a lot. If he is unsure, I don't really know what to do, because I can't go any further and I don't want him to feel pressurised/pushed towards a direction either... I don't think he is inexperienced, I think he has been hurt in the past (was cheated on, and another girl left him to marry another guy) ... so I don't really know how to go about it now.

• If your gut instinct tells you to keep talking to him then I think you should follow it. Be cautious and try not to get too invested until you know he is wanting the same as you

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a guy with a current girlfriend is trying to let his conscience instead of his penis decide to fool around with you as well. Love is about taking chances, if he's not interested in taking a chance with you, he's not interested in you.

What Guys Said 4

• everyone has baggage remeber not unload yours and his all in the same room. Give it a fair shot. your only losing time and gaining knowlegdge.

• Just go ahead and kiss him!

If that drives him away, he wasn't the guy for you anyway. If it doesn't, it'll help him realize what he has in you.

• Sounds like he's scared to take the risk of falling for you. Maybe he's learned from his past experiences and is trying something new, but he might just lose you in the end because nothing is ever 100% sure. That risk is what makes love so beautiful and exciting, and it's the foundation for building trust. From what you said it seems like he likes you, but you may have to be a little patient and communicate what you're feeling to each other if things are going to go anywhere.

• It might just be my maths talking, but from the sound of it, if he doesn't step up his game and revise his policies by the next date, the number 7 in his past experiences is going to turn into 8 inevitably.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!