He says he wants me but won't ask me out. Why?

So this guy says he wants me but won't ask me out. He knows I want him too because I've been really obvious about. I've complimented his pic, liked his pics. I look at all of his Instagram stories. He looks at all of my Insta stories too but I don't get why he won't ask me out.

126

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys just wait. Some bros just have conditioned themselves to not ask so fast because that's what every other joe shmoe does

And it works like a charm -> look at you doing backflips cause he hasn't asked you. And when it does, if he does, you'll die of joy lol. Like die

Most Helpful Girl

• You both basically said you want to have sex, so where does he have to ask you out just for that? All I gather is that you two are lusting after each other. If you really wanted a date, then you should have disclosed that to him so that he would know. Just because you confess mutual attraction, it doesn't mean they have to go out with you or start a relationship if that is not their intentions. But if that is what you want to try, then say something to him. He is not a mind reader. But you assuming that he would while you impatiently wait for something that will NEVER happen unless you take initiative, is not only going to make you look foolish but you won't get what you would like to have because you didn't verbally request that you wanted to date.

What Guys Said 5

• Ask him out yourself. I you want him and he doesn't do anything about it, you should.

• He's too shy maybe, or he there's no reason to him

• Maybe he's too shy

• Shyness.

• I would wait for him to do the first move.

• Then stick with that. Always expect men to do the first move and the courting. If he doesn't move on.

• Why? There's no use in waiting. @mynameisjohn, you should definitely ask him out. You have nothing to lose.

What Girls Said 11

• Ask him... if he likes you for real you can also suggest it.

• Ask him out then? I think it would be easier than waiting

• Why don't you ask him out? He could be nervous. Males are intimidated by this stuff just as much as we are. He could think you might reject him. Have you TOLD him that you like him? Sometimes hints aren't enough. Males aren't good at picking them up. If you know he likes you, and you like him, what bad can come from you asking? You'll be with him either way.

• I don't want to hurt your feelings but if a man likes you he will find a way to be around you. Don't base all this off Instagram, that's not real life. Do you ever see this guy?

• You both "Want" each other which is basically nothing but lust.. so maybe he's just looking for a friends with benefits relationship and nothing more serious.

• Either he's too scared, has a girlfriend, or is playing you. If a guy liked you enough he probably would have asked you out already

• probably shy or waiting for the right moment

• Well, why don't you make the first move?

• Have you looked at your nose recently?

• WANTING does not equal DATING.

• what do you mean?

• If someone wants you, they want to sleep with you once or multiple times.

If someone wants to DATE you, they'll act totally different.

• SO THEN WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM OUT?

You're basically doing the exact same thing you're complaining about.

• I've tried asking him out before but it hasn't worked. I think he's the type of guy that hates me making all the moves.

• @mynameisjohn maybe he was busy, or he didn't know you were asking him out on a date. You should try clarifying that and asking him again.