Why are people so quick to get into new relationships after breakups?

Like slow the bloody hell down

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they think it will help them get over their last relationship.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• For me, I definitely need time to myself after a breakup. But some people jump in right away. I think for some people that's just how they grieve and process - they want a distraction, they want to keep themselves busy. For some people it's a rebound or fear of being alone... for other people, that's just how they are as people (always busy, always moving) so I don't think it's unhealthy always. Just depends on the person and their motives.

0|0
    0|0
  • I waited 15 months after I broke up with my ex to get into a new relationship 😂 you need time to yourself afterwards, otherwise you haven't really healed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's 2017.
    Unfortunately, most relationships aren't supposed to be "serious" nowadays -.-
    So probably not serious enough to dwell probably

0|0
    0|0
  • Dull the pain

0|0
    0|0
  • Coping mechanism.

1|1
    0|0
  • That would be what we call a rebound... sometimes you need a rebound before being single and finding the one...

0|0
    0|0
    • Seems unfair to the "rebond" and pretty selfish

• then dont be a rebound... it's fairly simple lots of men enjoy being the rebound as it means they get to fuck with no strings attached.

• From what I know with my friends, most of them already knew it was about to end and been talking to other people for a little bit. I don't necessarily understand it but it is what it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Fear of being alone maybe, rebound, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebound

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebound...

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people are stupid and so many relationships have no meaning anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • damn bc I don't like feeling lonely

0|0
    0|0
  • See I think it depends a lot on the relationship - for example when I split from my partner of many years, in my head the relationship had been over for the best part of a year already, so when I met someone else and realised I was falling in love, I didn't think much of it. To other people though it probably looked like a rebound, because it was only a couple months after the initial split. I don't think you can judge unless you know all the ins & outs of a relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Those people are very desperate people, and they just want to satisfy their ego. Those relationships will be shallow and short lived anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • The classic rebound. To keep your mind off the pain of the previous breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are uncomfortable being single, and want a new partner ASAP to avoid feeling "alone" and "unwanted".

0|0
    0|0
  • Trying to fill a suddenly and uncomfortably empty hole in their lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • they got something off and now they have to fill it with something to feel complete

0|0
    0|0
  • They always have plan B back up

0|0
    0|0
  • People hate being single

0|0
    0|0
  • They are horny and unable to control their impulsive behavior, much like a mutt with a boner

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually girls that do that and it's to help make it less painful I guess but it doesn't usually work out the rebound relationship

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;