How to best turn them down?

I've always been fairly overweight. After man many diets finally found one that's worked and I am finally losing quite a bit of weight and keeping it off. The problem is that the guys that didn't want me when I was heavier are now trying to ask me out.
How I see it is the only thing that's changed is my outward appearance. I'm still the friendly outgoing girl I was before, and I want a guy that wants me, not just what I look like. Is there a good way to tell them my interest in them has changed without seeming shallow?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't owe them an explanation. And you're not shallow for turning them down, especially for that reason. A simple "I'm not interested in you in that way" is appropriate. But, it would also be perfectly reasonable to tell them ""I know you're only interested now because I've lost weight and I am not interested in dating a shallow guy." THEY are the shallow ones.

• Well the awkward part is two guys that I was VERY interested in back when I was heavier (and they knew how much I liked them) are now trying to get me to go out with them. I mean I still am attracted to them, but can't handle the fact that I am the same person regardless of what I look like you know

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You are not shallow, HE is the shallow one here 🙄 Just turn him down normally like you would to any other guy. He is just interested in your appearance, not you 😐 Take that as a compliment though 😂

• I believe that's not being shallow, it's simply knowing what you want in a partner and there's nothing wrong with that, especially if what you want is someone who truly likes you for more than your looks. Don't feel sorry for turning them down, just say that you're not interested and that shall be enough.
    You go girl!

• Just tell them you're not interested