Boyfriend doesn't want me going on a family vacation?

My boyfriend wants me to not go on my family vacation because he's mad that he wants to travel those places with me first. Also he gets to go on a cruise with his family to the Bahamas the next month but it's okay cus he asked if I could go (even tho I probably won't be going). He also later changed the reasoning that he doesn't want me to go because we would be away from each other for a while. But we go longer apart cus we are both freshman at diff colleges. I told him tonight my mom booked the flight but so he wasn't so angry I was like "I can try and get out of it" then to change the topic I asked him what was up. He said sarcastically and rude "have fun and playing gta" to avoid starting a pointless argument I said "that's fun" in reply to his game... he got so mad that I ignored that and left the conversation saying "bye" real quick.

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It's not appropriate for him to guilt you for going on a family vacation, or try to stop you from going, regardless of his reasoning. You absolutely be able to go on a family vacation without him without it being a problem for your relationship.

Talk to him calmly about it in person at a time when he is not busy or distracted. Explain that it's important for you each to be able to enjoy family time and experiences like family vacations. Ask him why he's upset about it, and what you can do to help make him feel better. Maybe you can designate a couple of days to do special things with him to make up for the time you'll be spending apart.

• You have every right to go on vacation with your family

• Its not his choice, and its not his family. He should grow up and realize your your own person.