Reject Bisexuals And Accept Straight Only, Is it Wrong, Bigotry, Bi-Phobia?

For example

If a man rejects bisexual woman because he only wants to date straight women
If a woman rejects bisexual men because she only wants to date straight men

I've heard some people say this is bigotry and homophobia, while others say its preference and nothing wrong with it.

What do you think, is it wrong to reject bisexual people and only date straight?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's wrong, I wouldn't date a bisexual guy, just like I wouldn't day a guy that's shy, it's my preference so who cares? it doesn't mean I'm homophobic or whatever

• Lol the left would disagree

• everything is homophobic to them

What Girls Said 3

• You have a right to your preference. I would never date a bisexual man. On here I've been called homophobic.

• It's funny how they call it "homophobic", when there's homosexuals that wouldn't date bisexuals either, lol.

• @JCT666 Or gays that won't date a straight person.

• if that's what you want fine. you shouldn't be dating them if they can't accept you anyways so fuck it.

• I'm bisexual and right now I fancy a guy.

I have a fear of telling him I'm bisexual because he might run away...
    It's sad because when I like someone I really like that one person... if I was in a relationship then I'm faithful to them. It doesn't mean I'm any more likely to cheat.

In fact I rarely get proper crushes on people so when I do it's usually quite a big thing.

It's just the same as me being straight and in a relationship... I may admire a male celebrity or random stranger for a split second... I may do that with girls too... but ultimately I love the person I'm with so much more.

• So do you consider it bigotry, bi-phobic or whatever or do you think it's ok for people to have dating preferences for straight people

• I think it's bi-phobic because if I didn't tell a guy I was bisexual it wouldn't presumably not be an issue?

If a guy I dated told me he was bisexual why would I care? He's with me! I think only insecure people wouldn't want to date a bisexual... they must be scared they're more likely to cheat or run off with one of their same sex friends?

It's a problem with the media... bi representation is appalling. They make out like we're greedy and would sleep with anyone. Not true. I don't fancy any of my female friends... or guy friends for that matter. I only like one guy who I work with.

There are a lot of closeted bisexuals like me who are choosing to only date/flirt with the opposite sex because it's just easier that way. It's sad. :(

• Why do people have to be insecure just because they have a preference for an orientation? It just seems like a cliche to assume if someone wants a straight person they must be insecure.

I'm not saying it's not hard for bisexual people, I just don't understand why other people aren't allowed to have their preferences

What Guys Said 6

• Coming from the other question, no it's completely normal. I'm straight, I'm attracted to straight people. I'm attracted to people who I can relate to as well. I can't relate to someone who likes to have sex with the same gender. Simple as that.

Anyone who suggests any of this stuff is honestly mentally deranged. I am completely fine with homosexuals, bisexuals whatever... They can do them, that's cool. But don't complain if I don't want to have sex with them FFS. Lol, it's so ridiculous.

• I would say it is a preference. Personally, I like both straight and Bisexual women. Good for them if they like other women too. The point is that she would be with me. It matters not what their sexual preference is, anyone is capable of cheating. Its a question of character, not sexual attraction.

• Yes, if that's the only reason you don't want to date them then that's biphobia because they are not that different from straight people.

• So people shouldn't have a preference? can I tell you who you should date?

• I couldn't care less what people think it is. All I know is that I would never date a bisexual woman.

• It's not "homophobia", there are gay and lesbians who wouldn't date bisexuals either.

Also, it's just a preference. I wouldn't date a bisexual girl either.

• Many women dont want to date bisexual men and nobody calls them bigots.