Can having sex on the first date lead to a relationship?

If you have sex on the first date, can that lead to a relationship?

1522

Most Helpful Guy

• NOOOOOO almost never!

If you give up sex on the first date, you have set your bar.
    Yes the guy will have sex with you, but he will know that you have a low standard for who you let into your gates and therefore he is NOT the first. (Even if you say he is. *tee hee I never do this** Yeah we know that's bullshit.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, it can happen.

What Guys Said 21

• Yes, my previous relationship atarted that way and I'm on track of getting into a relationship with the current girl I'm dating and we also slept together on the first date. When it comes to my first relationship, it was really just meant to be a one night stand but it turned out that we got along. In regards to the girl I'm currently dating, it was supposed to be a quick lunch date which turned into spending the rest of the day and night together since we had such strong chemistry.

• Intercourse is the way nature created for humans to generate offspring. It is also a way male and female can repeatedly give of themselves so completely in expressing their love for each other. If the intent is to just generate an orgasm for you to feel its ecstasy then you will probably get it, but as far as a relationship - it depends on the expectations both of you have. Will it require more then momentary quickies, an everlasting monogamous commitment, or something in between? I hope your goal is to live life to its fullest, but this depends on your understanding of really living, so don't be a spectator stuck just on temporal pleasures.

• Absolutely. Anytime you have sex with someone you have entered into some sort of intimate relationship. Whether it's long or short, good or bad... that's a different story.
    My advice ( based on fairly extensive experience, and given to me by someone with even more experience):
    #1 Never have sex with someone you don' t want to marry (or have any other sort of lifelong relationship with) because no matter what pregnancy is always a possibility.
    #2 Never have sex with someone you really care about because as soon as you do the clock starts ticking until you break up.
    The above does not appear to apply if you enter into a committed, long term relationship first (a. k. a. marriage).

• With some guys I have met, yes... with me, no. If a girl tries to have sex with me on the first date it shows me that she has no self-respect/class, and that she only wants me for a hook-up, and I refuse to allow her to be classless and have no self-respect with me, if she wants to do that with someone else, fine, but not with me.

• yes you can use your genitals like a grappling hook to snag a man. Be cautioned it is likely not to work.

• Yes it can. Marriage too.

Attractiveness is not something that grows, it is either there or not.

• honestly my favorite relationships have started this way, and i dont mean just for the sex. there's always an attitude that girls who made it a point to make me wait had and it just rubs me the wrong way like they have a sense of entitlement.

• Or they don't what you to think they're easy and don't just give it up to anyone, it's a form of self respect for herself. Unless of course it's a ridiculous length of time.

• Possibly but most likely no that's a one-night stand

• Best way a long lasting relationship can form in my opinion.

• worked with me. was with them for 3 years

• It can happen

• of course it can.

• Depends on the intentions before date.

• no. it leads to disaster. trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

• yup.. worked with me..

• Not if it was me

• yes it can

• I've had that happen. It is possible,

• Yes. Fuck friends.

• Most first dates don't lead to relationships.

I'd guess sex on the first date marginally improves the odds but it's still most likely not going to work out anyway.

It's not that sex 'ruins the chance' though.

• no sex is just sex.

What Girls Said 14

• if you make out with a man on a 1st date it may not lead to sex but another kind of sex that's less celebrated and some people don't call it sex even though the term has the word in it... i don't think enough people realize how often this will happen or what is expected of the girl if the man gets too stimulated... so sometimes it's not so easy to say... so i will it can lead to a relationship because if you do that then you more than like that person... and if that happens your off to a good start in your relationship no matter what morals, religion or people might say or think.

• As a rule I would say no but I have friends that slept with their (now) husbands on the first date so I guess it really depends on the person.

• It might not. Sometimes we girls tend to think that way because we usually think that we only give ourselves to someone we wanted to have relationship or emotionally attached to. But that is not a guarantee that it will really lead to relationship. Let him wait for a while then you will really know his real purpose.

• No it doesn't.
    That's how my boyfriend first lost his virginity and the girl didn't even like him.
    It's best to wait, if you meet a guy that you really like and he tries to have sex on the first date and says how much he likes you, don't do it. If he likes you, he can wait.
    Guys have tried that on me, and they stopped talking to me when I told them I wasn't going to have sex.

• I would wait until marriage to do that sort of thing. I know that sounds a bit old fashioned but, sex is meant to connect two people emotionally not just physically. You become one. It is an experience meant for married couples to become closer. I would wait until marriage. I think not having sex is actually a good test to see if a guy actually wants to be with you, for you, and not just for the "physical" part of it.

• Sure It can, but it's not the recommended method of getting a relationship.

• No. I mean mine did but that was a total accident and a bunch of complications more times than anything you will become a one night stand guys will say it's okay but some judge you for it.

• NO!
    You become just a booty call at best in that situation.

• Sometimes but it's not always wise.

• That happens for a few select lucky people.

• Yes.

• Nope... You're just a one night stand to him

• Haven't tried that but it depends on the intentions. Like put yourself in the person you're dating. If you're going to see him to go to a relationship that sex is the essential part of it, I'd say yes go for it cos that's what you want to know more about. If you're seeing this person to see if you can understand each other and so on, I'd say wait for few more dates!

• No it doesn't ever