Getting tired of long distance relationship. Should I tell him?

I've been in a long distance relationship for 3 months now. We video chat everyday but i'm starting to get tired of it. We are both in love with each other that i'm sure and i have no problems with him other than that it's so hard without the physical contact and trying to work around each other's schedule. He's coming back in 3 months so this is only temporary and i might visit him next month. I miss him so much and I just can't imagine myself with anybody else but i just hate that we are in a long distance relationship right now. I feel bad because sometimes i seem uninterested when we do our daily video chats. Should i tell him how i feel or just try and make it work?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, when you're in a relationship, you're supposed to be a PART of their life, not their ENTIRE life.
    Video chatting is nice and all, but if y'all doing it everyday, it then becomes a routine and obviously gets boring. In addition, these video chats are probably hours long... Try limiting communication to maybe two calls per day that last roughly 5 minutes each. Enough to tell each other how your day went and so on... Call maybe during lunch and then at night. Limit your texting also... you need to give each other space so y'all can miss each other...
    When you're not talking, use that time to better yourself and focus on personal goals.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell him how you feel, but not in a way of leaving the relationship or hurting him. You said you guys love each other and you can't imagine life without him? Then he should be more than worth a 3-month wait, because 3 months is nothing compared to a lifetime!

But I think you should still tell him how you feel, just from a loving perspective. Openness, honesty, trust, vulnerability - these are all vital to a healthy relationship, and even more so when it's long distance. So if I were you I'd tell him something like, "babe, I miss you so much. Sometimes it's really hard on me not to be able to hug and kiss you. Sometimes I get discouraged, but I believe what we have is worth it. I just can't wait till you're back home." Use your own words obviously, but those types of ideas will express your discomfort in an honest way that is still unifying to you guys as a couple. And who knows, if you let him know you're struggling, he just might find a way to cheer you up! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Think of the periods when there were no video chats. People used to write best love letters. And you still see him, and get tired?

• actually we were only communicating through letters the first 2 months because he was in basic training. I thought it would be easier now that he got his phone back and we can "see" each other but its just not the same, not even close to the feeling i get when he's really here with me. I don't want to break up with him but is it a bad idea if i let him know my frustrations?

• It probably wouldn't but i feel like i need to let it out...

• Fair enough

• 3 MONTHS? And you Skype? I'm done... I can't deal.

• The first 2 months we were only communicating through letters and 2 or 3 phone calls because he was in basic training. I thought it will be easier now that he got his phone back but its just not the same...

• I'm not even thinking about cheating on him Lol i just don't know how to overcome this stage of LDR

• Can't help you there... I'm so close to yelling at you because I know some girls who had this same issue. "Theres literally a wedding ring waiting for you at the end of this waiting period and you can't take it?" Is your life THAT meaningless you have none without this guy? "B-b-b-b-b-b-but my friends see their bf's everyday!" On don't worry, they'll be breaking up soon. Just think 20 years from now after you've married this guy and spit out 17 kinds... "Wow I was thinking of breaking it off because I was jealous of Becky's (ex now in prison) relationship."

You need to calm your tits and take a deep breath! Get some hobbies, and talk to dude about your future and shit.

• Understandable. A real relationship needs one on one contact. Just email him and say it cannot work, due to distance. You deserve to be happy and obviously you are not.

What Girls Said 3

• You should tell him how you feel for sure but. I've been long distance for nearly 2 years longest time being apart was 9 months we live nearly 4000 miles apart. I understand the struggle it gets hard a lot of times that's why only strong couples make it through. You need to be completely open about your feelings and thoughts, heck even doubts. Communication is the key in any relationship but especially long distance relationships. If you give up you'll never know if he was ever the right one or not because you quit. Well either way if you gave up it means you weren't the right one for him.. Not the other way around. Just saying

• i don't plan on giving up on him. I guess I just need to let it out and find ways to overcome the longing

• you shouldn't hide anything in a relationship, tell him

• you should tell him how you feel and try to make it work cus you both love each other