Is the leading cause of men giving up on marriage and dating feminism, or something else?

Let's hear your thoughts. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• LMFAO no.

It's their own insecurities that are preventing them from forming meaningful relationships. But instead of saying "wow I should really work on improving myself so I can be a healthier individual." they say "ugh girls are all slutty feminist whores. I won't date them!"

Like if literally ALL women are a problem for you, they aren't the problem. YOU are. media.giphy.com/media/S9uLXqpdgr8Wc/giphy.gif

• Whoa. Easy there. I never claimed "all women were the problem". I just think feminism itself and my countries gynocentric laws are the problem.

• Once again, useless words. No logic, just sensless talk. You clearly aren't interested in an actual discussion. Just patronization. So I'm done here.

• Well, like, now I am since you're being so emotional XD

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah. Because feminism allows women to have autonomy and be individuals instead of literally being the property of their husbands. A lot of men don't like that.

• Lmaoooo one blue anon is on a ROLL tonight 😂

• I don't think men care about having women as property. It's just they don't get much out of marriage.

• Some men just find it difficult to trust a woman , just how us women find it hard to trust men. its something Norma but not going to extremism such as MGTOW

• I don't understand the question.

• If you look at statistics, more and more men are choosing to never marry and stay single. I'm asking people why they think this is the case. Many say it is due to feminism.

• Isn't the same happening for women?
      I think it's just because the social pressure people used to recieve because of not getting married is decreasing because people is recieving better education.

• Yes, the same is happening for women. And yes, that is probably a big part of it, I agree. Thank you for your opinion. :)

• Maybe yes or not

• lol blame it on feminism 😂 it's because most of men are so sexual they only think about sex NOT love and meaningful relationships! They only care about the outside not the inside of a person so as a girl even if I was pretty I would never marry a guy who likes me just because of my appearance.

What Guys Said 11

• That's a factor. It's also the fact that the law favors women whenever there's a divorce.
    There's a case that appeared in the news a couple days ago, of a man who had to give 250 pounds to his wife 15 years ago when they divorced. He had to give it all at once.
    Now, the woman is without a penny because she bought 3 houses, and lost all the money. So he took his ex husband to court to get more money... and she did!!! Now the man (who has a new family) is forced to pay this women 1400 pounds every month till they die.
    Are you kidding me? Then they wonder why so many men wanna stay away from marriage and relationships.
    If women fuck up, their EX husband still has to pay for her shit. It's fucking ridiculous.

• Feminism and what has come with it plays a large role: divorce and child custody courts overwhelmingly favour the woman, so she can dump him on a whim and take him to the cleaners AND his kids.

There are also societal pressures unlike before. It is more common than ever to have both parents working, so you have a stressed out couple and two kids they barely have time to see. Family time is smaller and smaller, you basically work as a wage slave to pay a daycare centre.

It's not an appealing concept and that's why people are checking out: they don't like what the system has become.

• Oh brotha, there are waaaay too many reasons. Internet porn, laws passed giving carte blanche to women to do as they please without repercussions, the loss of strong wife life home skills, feminism, divorce laws that screw guys to the max... sighs. I wish it weren't this way... I remember 1985 so clearly... And I didn't feel this defensiveness at ALL. Time's running out..

• The best female I ever met was the first. Cooking skills, clean, had an attitude, but only when necessary. She didn't have to ask me to do anything for her, I just offered... because she did all these things on her own. She was the daughter of Nigerian immigrants from Detroit. I met her in the Columbus hood. Nuff said.

• She was 16 at the time too. Not coincidentally, I've looked her up recently and found out she still lives in the same area. I put out an online ad there for her to get in touch with me. I'd marry that girl in a SECOND. I found out a year later she was asking about me... if she answers, I'm driving back to Columbus. All these suburban college Barbie's with their snotty entitlements and Gender Studies theories can piss up a rope and look up, as far as I'm concerned. Quanita can get anything out of me she wants. She's earned it, and knows it. These Gender Studies Barbie's should heed that lesson... EARN it.

• I think feminism is playing a large role. Also what do men get out of marriage? Especially if it fails? Marriage is very expensive and divorces are even worse. So why risk marriage?
    For this reason alone I'd never get married.

I've never dated because I've never felt that women were worth the effort. The bitchy attitude, spitefulness, ego... etc etc. For me the biggest turn off about women are their personality. So it didn't take me long to decide to remain single. I've been single and by choice for over 27 years.

I don't dislike women or anything, I just don't want to date them. I'm quite happy just being friends, nothing more.

• YES. Feminism coupled with the no-fault divorce has destroyed families and made both genders wary of marriage. When half of all children in America see their parents divorce, has resulted in many people shying away from dating, marriage and relationships in general.

• I do have to agree with @Viranda I think the biggest cause is that getting married is not held as something so important as it was before. Though I do agree also that feminism is one of many other reasons why men would choose to not marry.

• I haven't given up, just think it is really unlikely that I will ever get what I want because every woman I have ever liked has rejected me

• Feminism. That and the statistic that the marriage is more likely to end in divorce.

• I think men and women give up on relationships for a multitude of reasons... (miscommunication, growing apart, cheating, feeling unloved, lies, not wanting to work on the relationship, etc) I don't believe feminism is one of those reasons.

Could you give an example or two on how feminism would lead divorce?

• I only date Asians now because they don't buy into the feminism crap

• I believe you are asking of feminism is why men are turning their backs on marriage. I believe it is. Women do not offer the same value to men in marriage that they did in the past. It used to be a man came home after a long day's work wife who cooked a nice dinner and had the kids doing their homework. Today he comes home to a woman who is just as stressed out from her job as he is and who picked up McDonald's on the way home. The kids wild because they spent the afternoon in daycare with someone who doesn't care about them and with no supervision. What man needs that?