Is "sex" important for a happy relationship?

1514

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is "sex" in quotations?

Yes, I think that for most relationships (unless in those who have low sex drives) sex has a reasonable deal of importance.

• Just thought of highlighting it in the question. I personally feel sex should not be very imp. in a relationship. There are a lot of other things that are more important than physical desires.

• @SumitS it's definitely not the most important thing but I think it has its value and place in a healthy relationship

• @RJGraveyTrain : I agree! It does hold an imp. place in a relationship definitely.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am pretty certain it is unless BOTH parties are asexual. If one does not like sex whilst the other says they're "fine" with it, they're lying.

What Girls Said 14

• No. It is not important in dating but it is in marriage. If you don't believe in premarital sex, then it's not what's going to make you any happier. There have been a good amount of people who while may have loved their partners, regret having sex so soon, earlier or at all if it goes against what they believe in or was peer pressured. Lots of good relationships ended because of sex. Especially if they don't understand the consequences of not waiting for that. Overall, while sexual intimacy helps support and increase happiness [when done right], it can also be a double edge sword in relationships.

• YES and NO, for some who might be younger, sex is very important, but for some others that are more family oriented and who PASSED that phase of having intercourse 5 times a day.

But i think it is important if you want to keep the relationship spiced up and interesting, but it is not the KEY to a HAPPY relationship, i am playing a little with the choice of your words here.

I

• Its not the main thing to focus on but I do think its important to be compatible sexually! Its more important to communicate and trust because without those you dont have anything to stand the relationship on!

• Absolutely.

• very much!

• I'm sort of confused 🤷‍♀️
    I thought guys felt that girls who gave them sex early are not relationship material and they lose interest? I have seen this happen

• It is special to us because it is a deep connection we know is shared only between us. It's not the backbone to the relationship by no means. If for some reason we could not have sex again I would still be very happy to be his girlfriend, and love spending my time with him more than anything.

• no , what's important is trust

• yesss

• Love is more important for me...

• not much

• Nope

• not at all. sex should be special but not necessary to be happy.

• lol what about trust and love

What Guys Said 13

• Yes. I think of sex as the canary in a coalmine for the health of the relationship.

Serious decline in frequency or quality? There is an issue, whether it is physical, psychological, or romantic.

A partnership would then work to identify and address that issue.

• For me, sex is extremely important for a happy relationship. The sex must be at least three times a week and must be exciting to qualify for a happy relationship.

• To most, yes.

• Yes but it is still overrated.

• i think so

• Yes i think.

• Essential, in my opinion.

• Not very important...

• No. It is (or should be) the result of a happy relationship.

• No it is not, but thats just my opinion

• No. Not unless the girl is a nympho

• For me not at all. For most couples yes

• Yes it is without your just roommates