Is "sex" important for a happy relationship?

1514

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It is not important in dating but it is in marriage. If you don't believe in premarital sex, then it's not what's going to make you any happier. There have been a good amount of people who while may have loved their partners, regret having sex so soon, earlier or at all if it goes against what they believe in or was peer pressured. Lots of good relationships ended because of sex. Especially if they don't understand the consequences of not waiting for that. Overall, while sexual intimacy helps support and increase happiness [when done right], it can also be a double edge sword in relationships.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I think of sex as the canary in a coalmine for the health of the relationship.

Serious decline in frequency or quality? There is an issue, whether it is physical, psychological, or romantic.

A partnership would then work to identify and address that issue.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE