Single and pregnant... dating?

I've been single for about 2 weeks now and I just found out that I'm pregnant. And I have a date 2 days from now with this new guy I met. I don't know if I should go on the date and tell him and see how he feels about it or just not date until after I have the baby

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should just tell him it's not your responsibility the child cause most guys will worry about that first and probably keep the commitment level low let him know he's free to back out anytime and if he really enjoys he may look past it because he doesn't feel pressured

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you can just be honest but he may think you're BSing him. You can just be like "hey I know we have a date in a day or so, but I just found out I'm pregnant. I wanted to let you know or of respect and will respect if you wish to cancel"

What Guys Said 19

• I'd focus on being pregnant and what your going to do. Dont know if you lived with the father but im sure yoibgot a lot on yojr hands like you may find your own place, move, finding the right doc, go over your health insurance, find out about maternity leave, maybe even move somewhere close to family cuz its hard to be a single parent, and basically start over. Are you even over your ex? Its only been 2 weeks you really shouldn't be dating if you aren't over him odds are it would just be a rebound anyways. Now you have to think about your future and the future of your unborn child.

• Tell him. I guess I'm in the vast minority who would have no serious issues with dating someone just because she was pregnant.

• You should deal with being pregnant first.

• I suppose you should reveal it after the second date because I am pretty sure that a large majority of guys would not get together with someone who just became pregnant.

• I would seriously be up front with him coz if you don't and he finds out later that you are pregnant he will probably dump you for not being honest and up front with him from the start

• Savr dating for later. It will be reaally hard to balance everything.

You should go on this date with him though and try to explain him what happened.

I was in similair situation and declined next date with a girl because she found out that she is pregnant. I might be an asshole but I honestly think it isn't the healthiest situation to be in.

• Sugarfluff, deal with your situation. Going on dates and just found out she's pregnant, that'd be like dropping an atomic bomb day one. Like huh, wtf did you say? Go home lol

• If it was me and you didn't tell me, I can assure you, you'd would be presented with a significant emotional event for wasting my time. Publicly and loud.

• Tell him.

There are some guys who want to have sex with pregnant women.

• remove the baby lol

• Ofcourse a baby can have a baby ;-)
    Listen your heart baby and do it what it says, your heart's advice would be the best advice in this regard...

• Are you sure having that baby is a smart choice? Considering you are single. Maybe its better to wait until you meet a guy, then have a baby and raise it together

• well I can't really change that can I?

• The "moral high ground" argument you make also fails, because you jumped to it yourself. If you get upset thathat she doesn't want to take your advice, fine. The moral high ground you're standing on is when you state she will fuck up her life, or is an idiot for not taking your advice. Don't be so childish. If it were your situation, I'd be fighting for your right to do exactly what you seem to think would be best for you. Believe it or not, debate is a form of respect. Nobody is hurt by being questioned, maybe you learn of alternative thoughts you hadn't heard of. If you can't take debate as an exchange of different opinions, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You put theme out there, they will be questioned and your logic taken apart. Either jump in and swim, or stay out of the pool. I welcome questions, it's the only way to learn and appreciate perspectives other than your own. Do people have to change their beliefs because you don't agree? Absolutely not.

• Realize you were right? We are "retarded?" You know what you're talking about?

I'm trying very hard not to laugh. It's becoming clear you actually believe your namesake, and that you may think you are God. It is also painfully obvious you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. You are simply reacting in anger to people not agreeing with you. Like I said, welcome to reality.

As for what happens in the future, I prefer to encourage people to continue making the best choices they can for themselves. I hope you do learn what you are talking about, rather than presenting your misguided advice as one size fits all and fuck anyone who disagrees. I am sorry you gained nothing from talking about ideas. It is possible that her choice might be the best she ever made, just as its possible it will be difficult. That's the truth.

Best of luck to you in the future, and every choice and decision you make. I hope you do what is right for you.

• If you'd ask me depending on what kind of relationship did you have with the guy who got you pregnant. ... you gotta think about your child its not gonna be about you anymore... you got to really be carefull who you date and let in your personal life its a fuked up world out there

• Tell him and if he accepts your baby than he is real and if he doesn't than don't bother with his fake ass

• Ide call him and be like I want to go out but. Im pregnant and now is not the time. If he says that's fine may want to abort and get with a man.

• go on the date... at least you'll have a night out.

• do it. Let him notice you're pregnant, If he cares enough he will yes. personally I would freak out if met a pretty girl and 5 min found im a step-dad

• "Let him notice you're pregnant"

I really hope you don't mean physically. Because if she just found out, I doubt she's showing to the point it looks like she's pregnant and not just unfortunately bloated.

• no. I didn't mean is that way 😂

• what about the father?

• you cheated on me and I gave him another chance and I found out that he'd cheated on me for the second time. I literally just found out I'm pregnant but I don't want to get back with him just cuz I'm pregnant if he's going to cheat on me

• dont you need help?

• never

What Girls Said 14

• do not date right now. Focus on realizing sex should be saved for after marriage. I had a child out of marriage and had to ask God and my child for forgiveness, now he has no dad in his life and it's difficult but God pulls us through. Dating should be done when two people are ready to give each other a try for marriage, especially now when children are involved. Focus on staying healthy and raising the blessing you have of a child right now and even going to God and Jesus for forgiveness, peace and joy. God bless.

• I would probably try and tell him beforehand just to help minimize wasted time and money. I don't know either of you but I feel like it would be super awkward if in the middle of a date you tell him you're having a baby. If he's cool with it, you guys can go on the date. But if he doesn't take it well, then you can cancel with no harm done.

• I don't think this is a good time for you to be dating... even aside from being pregnant you would basically be signing from one branch to another - take some time to be single and figure out how to be with yourself for goodness sake!

As for being pregnant... Obviously this is a bad time to be dating. You've got enough shit to deal with and figure out without dragging another person into it.

• Are you for sure gonna have the baby or are you considering aborting the pregnancy? If the latter, I'd say put off dating til you make that decision and once it's been made then the doesn't really matter going forward with any new guy. But if you plan to keep it or aren't sure, then don't bother dating til you figure it out and/or have had the baby.

• I think the second choice is the best, you should honestly try and focus on the little human being that is growing inside your tummy, as for your date, you can just TELL HIM, and if he STILL wants to see you, then go ahead, but PUT your priorities first, and your priority now should be your baby.

Wish you the best luck sweetheart <3

• should probably tell him 1st then he can decide whether he still wants to or not

• I would tell the person you are going on a date with. Don't start a relationship off with deceit.

• You sure you want to have the baby?

• If I were in your shoes, I would wait. But this is just my personal preference.

• Yeah, just hide it... I mean he won't notice. If he starts asking why your tummy is big just say you got alien coodies.

• So it's a first date?

• yes. he's a coworker. known him for like 5 years. i told him my situation and he still wants to go out. :)

• Awesome, I think that was definitely the way to go, have fun! :)

• Congrats ☺ best of luck to you, and I think it's great you were upfront. Life happens to everyone. Own yours, and live it. Nicely done on letting the truth be first, and letting him make his choice. I wish you all the best in the future.

• I wouldn't worry about dating, I would start planning and thinking about your baby.

• Honestly try to make it work the with father of your child. Go on your date and don't tell him until you know that he likes you because he might be thinking that you're looking for a man to help you raise your kid

• talk to the father

• Why don't western women consider abortion in such a condition?