I broke up with her because I didn't want to do long distance even though we loved each other. Now im so so depressed. Did I make a mistake?

we have been talking for a year and a half. told her i love her each day. anyways she lives in the middle east. we are both arab, but im American living in the USA. so the background difference and long distance pushed me to break up even though we got along great and love each other

• Good decision - please explain below
  • bad decision - please explain below

53

Most Helpful Girl

• long distance relationships are hard. My coworker is from Pakistan and she had a long distance relationship with her husband... eventually she flew out to go get him. They now live in the US and expecting a baby. Think about it you guys know each other for a year and half and you really love her, why not just have her come to the US?

Most Helpful Guy

• So distance got in the way of your love, the love of your life because of a few hundred/thousand miles...

So a life time of regret because of distance... hummm

What Girls Said 4

• Better to have at least kept her as a penpal, lonely guy

• Take time to heal and then pursue a real relationship. One where you can see, touch and interact together. Experience life together.

• i feel like i keep seeing you ask about this and i'm really sad for you :(

• Well why don't you have her come to u

• well, that was the plan to have her move here and live together. but keep in mind the background difference can be an issue. what do you think?

• If you both in love with each other then you don't have any reason to be worried about the back ground and if there was an issue you would of know by now

What Guys Said 2

• Why not allow it to die a slow death while you both find a substitute? It might last after all and no substitute can compete with something that strong.

• long distance is no reason to break up... i went through 2 VERY long distance relationships and they worked out for a good while