Guys on dating apps, what's the logic behind liking and messaging girls who live in completely different areas from you?

I dont get it, at most we would just be messaging eacother, we will never actually meet, something i asume you're there for; to met girls

27

Most Helpful Guy

• he probably started with nearby girls and then tried to look elsewhere when he didn't get any positive results. he probably thought "since I can't get physically laid, sexting or exchanging nudes with someone is at least better than not getting anything".

• are guys really that desperate?

• some of them but not all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people believe having a pen pal is the same as having a romantic real life, in person relationship.

• from earlier experiences the guy and i will exchange a few messages before its over, im pretyy sure they have no intentions of getting a pen pal

• And yet so many people on this website ask advice regarding their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" while never actually having met them in the real world, ever.

What Guys Said 6

• I mean the exhange of nude pictures and videos seems pretty likely. Also if the lad is planning a trip to the area, he might be "scouting ahead" so to speak.

• seriously, some people have issues lol

• I never contact someone more than an hour away it seems pointless. occasionally there's been a couple girls who messaged me first who are either out of state or even another country I think they just want to talk out of boredom or sometimes wants nudes but it ends pretty quick

• Long distance relations are more secure and less demanding with freedom to have more relations.

• from experience we will exchange a few messages and thats it, doubt they're after any relations on any level

• There might. I have example where even female permanently travel to his online lover country to stay with him.

• Not enough gilrs in my area, would this exucse work?

• I message and like local women and no response but for some reason when I iMessage the ones that are in an Other country just for the hell of it they seem to respond

• so basically just a time killer?

• Actually I'm starting to think that a lot of them are on there just for attention and I aren't really going to meet anyone

• Yeah I guess so they have some interaction with a woman and get mor experience talking to them and who knows maybe they are planning to move out that way in the future

• Most of these guys are attempting to troll for nudes.

• thats seriously sad and kinda pathetic

• It is indeed, but you need to remember that these males are online looking for women, and these women are online looking for men. They both are sad and pathetic.

The females are those who generally have given up looking around them because they had a wild youth made a shit ton of mistakes and is now trying to "settle down" with a "good man" who they want to have take care of their mistakes before their looks fade away completely.

The males are either those who can't find women in the real world because they don't have the financial, physical, or social status to get a female to like them, so they go online and look for desperate women to troll, or they are young virgin shitheads who troll the internet because they have no other life.

What Girls Said 1

• easy, sexting

• thats a thing? thats so sad

• I know, sad but true girly :( same happens on here that's why I'm always anon

• shit, some people lol