Advice on shy guys and their behavior?

I just met this guy, so I can't say I've had many interactions with him, but for some reason I'm extremely attracted to him. I'm generally a sweet girl who gets quite a bit of attention from guys, so I'm pretty confident in myself with guys. I think this guy is shy and really nervous around me.
We were at a party this past weekend (3rd time I've seen him), he said hi to me because our friend introduced me to the group. Throughout the night he was try to talk to me but after I responded he wouldn't go further "how are you?" "Good" "you?" "Good" that pretty much sums it up. He kept coming coming and sitting down on the floor next to me but would get up and move back to his seat. He did this about 5-6 times. I'm pretty nervous too so I didn't strike up a conversation. I caught him looking at me as I walked by a few times. But when I was leaving, I said goodbye and stood right in front of him and made eye contact. It was really direct and he started to stammer and then reached to give me a hug then pulled his arm back.
Is he just super shy and nervous? I just so believe guys will talk to you if they like you--- although it's definitely not always true just as it is for girls (even pretty ones).

12

What Guys Said 2

• take your time

• I'm usually like that when I meet new people. It gets better with more interactions. I find texting to a easy way to open up.

What Girls Said 1

• He either likes you, is an introvert or both. Try to find common interests.