Should I ask him: "What are you looking for"?

Going on a second date with a guy this weekend. We met on a dating website. The first date was great, lasted well over 6 hours and it included some passionate kissing at the end ;). I'm still new to dating as I broke up with my long term ex a year ago and chose to spend it single. So, I'm nearly 27, and I'm done with the whole casual relationship thing and I'm looking for someone to take my time and date, and hopefully have it progress.

So, I was wondering if there was any harm in asking this question (in a casual way) for what he's looking for... and would it be too much for me to say that I'm not after a fling or anything casual? I'm not about to jump the gun and unleash a load of demands, I just feel this is one step forward to making sure I'm on the same page with somebody.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You should ask bout it.. go for it.. no need to over think.. if he is a real guy enuf.. he would understand and respond accordingly.. else.. leave the guy..

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all however usually people establish this online when they're chatting but there's no harm, you're looking out for yourself and if they don't want the same then on to the next.

• I find out who people are when they feel relaxed you ask any questions and he and you will be on edge Aussie saying "No Worries" and be patient experience the thrill of discovery over discussion

What Guys Said 1

• no he is going to say what you want to hear

• What if he doesn't know what I'm looking for yet?

• we are very good at reading that women never hide what they want mainly because it's not sex 95% like men

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see anything wrong with asking that. You sound like u know exactly what u want. Why waste your time with someone who may or may not even want the same thing as you? So yes ask.

• I find out who people are when they feel relaxed you ask any questions and he and you will be on edge Aussie saying "No… [+]

• I need to put a disclaimer in front of all my posts (anything taken seriously by anyone, from anything I say, needs to consult a mental health professional immediately as they are in more trouble than they could possibly imagine)