My boyfriend said another girl we know is prettier than me. How can I get past that?

1012

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly think about your relationship and what's all happened and this may bgrounds to dump him. I know it sounds harsh. Yes there will always be someone more attractive than you or me. However he should never had said that to you or even thought of it tbh. Why is he even thinking that? That's what's concerning

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like an ass. Either dump him or make him feel bad about himself for a while by comparing him to more aesthetically appealing males who have bigger dicks. Then when he starts getting fed up with that, dump him for someone better. I know that's a terrible advice, but I like revenge. I have always loved the concept of it.

What Guys Said 11

• an old trick to get you to do things for him that otherwise would make you hesitate, could be sexual things to compete & distract him from such thoughts

an opportunity for you to be more aggressive or
    you could play indifferent and tell him go stare at her all day

• No need to panic.. it's a good sign.. he is indirectly indicating you to do something surprisingly unexpected!! Go with the flow.. try something new..

• By accepting the fact that you are not the most beautiful girl in the whole planet. Did you ask him that?

• Ouuuu cArdinal mistake
    --> obviously prettier people exist than our significant others but to say it... is a huge error

Even if you get past it, you'll remember that he reminded you how he thought another gjrl was prettier. Ah well

• You accept the fact that some women are prettier than you and realize that your boyfriend doesn't develop blinders simply because he's in a relationship.

• I don't think that's the problem, I think the problem is that he told her another girl is prettier than her. Which he just didn't need to say tbh.

• @WhereIsMyMind for all I know she asked the question. I don't know very many men who would be stupid enough to just blurt out "so and so is prettier than you".

• If you are over 30, don't worry about getting past it, you need to get used to it.

• Wish means he also loves you more than just your body.

• Tell him this random guy looks better than him and move on. LMAO

• You kind of need to give more information around this. DId you ask? Did he just say it to be mean? Anyway, to answer, if you don't leave him, talk to him about how that comment hurt you. Maybe he'll think twice next time. But as far as getting past it, you just have to move on. Stop thinking about it. Get busy with life, pretend it never happened etc. It's just words, that's it. Treat it like someone just said "hello" to you and go about your life. ie, stop focusing on it.

• Do what you do best. Fuck one of his boys.

• How do you know it's what she does best

• Same when it comes to men, they can be real cheating assholes themselves, yet that doesn't mean I'd say they're ALL like that. Everyone is different.

• @WhereIsMyMind A great majority of men become bad (because of women). But the majority of women are born Bad (because they're wicked. "While I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all." - Ecclesiastes 7:28)

• I mean I'm sure you must know a couple guys who look better than him too right?

What Girls Said 9

• OUCH, honestly, this is really painful and i understand how you could feel, it would rip my heart in peaces...

I think you should talk to him, and tell him that he should control his words and control his emotions, it is not fair, sometimes it's better that they keep those informations to themselves, it is not fair, there will always be prettier girls than US and it is normal, but it is not fair for him to say it OUT LOUD or basically thinking out loud.

Girl, talk to him, or else you won't get past that.. trust me.. YOU HAVE every right to, ask him how would HE FEEL if you would say something similar?

Wish you the best <3

• Accept the fact and move past it there's always going to be someone more attractive don't let it eat you

• Just make channing tatum your background picture and if he asks you just say "well he's more handsome than you"

• just move on. accept the fact that there will ALWAYS be someone better than you in any aspect.

• honestly get rid of him, or tell him next time that " omg that guys is so hot, hotter than you"

• That's not a good sign. Regardless if he thinks it or not , it's not something you should say to your SO. It's disrespectful and a way to destroy your emotional security with him

Would he like being told a guy is more handsome than him, I'm sure he wouldn't. It's not healthy for a relationship to talk like that to your SO

It's weird to say that to you. Usually controlling men, who try to lower their girlfriends self-esteem say that. It's a classic sign of the start of an emotionally abusive relationship

• dump him, even though there are more attractive people than ourselves, it takes a stupid person to say that to their S. O

• Dump him

• Uh no, I disagree with most of these people. Of course there's always someone prettier but he doesn't have to say it. If you asked him I would refrain from asking these kind of questions you dont want the answer to. If he just told you, I would probably tell him one of his friends is hot, or someone who is close to him who I actually would have a chance with (not a celebrity). Go into some detail (they've got really nice arms, eyes, hair etc... He probably won't like it.

This is immature but I may have done it once and it worked very well and he never said anything like that again.