My boyfriend is always with his guy friends and never has time for me?

I moved away from my friends and family to live with him and now he never seems to have time to hang out with me or talk with me. I'm feeling really lonely and depressed and don't know what to do.

168

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump his sorry ass and find another guy, or just move back home and consider it a lesson learned.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry you're feeling that way :( I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in a new place without a support system.

Have you tried talking to him about your feelings? Maybe it would be a good idea to have a designated date night where it's just the two of you.

Also, have you tried making new friends? If you had people to hang out with too, it would definitely help with the loneliness when your guy isn't around

• Yeah. I'm not very good at making friends. I'm trying I'm just really shy. And I try to do date night but he says he's tired or doesn't feel like doing anything.

What Guys Said 7

• Big mistake this shacking up. Now you see. Move back.

• Just tell him he needs to show you more attention- very simple

• I have and I even try to plan date night but when it comes to the day he's tired it doesn't feel like doing anything.

• Yeah it might be that time.

• Life goes by too quick meaning you need to do the best to be happy. Never put up with disrespect like this :)

• Confront him don't let him ignore you like that

• Ask him to make more time for you.

• well, at least you know he doesn't care about you that much before getting married. it is a lesson learned, and its a good thing.

• You live with him. That means every single day he's coming back home to you, right? Spend time with him then. I don't see what the problem here.

• The problem is he comes home late and is to tired to do anything. I can't even talk with him. It sucks I have no one and I hate it

• Well that's your problem, not his. Why do you make friends, go out to the gym, sign up for club activities, etc? You can bundle up on shows and movie, get Netflix or even video games if that interests you.

It's your own job to keep yourself entertained the same way he does. He's your boyfriend, not your entertainer.

• time to make some new friends then, yes?

What Girls Said 15

• O now that you live with him, it's suddenly gotten to serious for him and just want be a lone a chill with his boys. If he didn't want to take this next level he should of said something. He doesn't sound serious about you or the relationship, better to find out now then later. I say move back and get yourself a better guy

• tell him to grow up

• I think you should probably talk to him about it, and tell him how you're feeling. If he continues to do what he's doing, knowing that you feel the way you do. You should break up with him and move back in with your parents regarldess if your parents told you they were right, that is when you suck up your pride and leave.

he's not treating you right, and thats not right. I would have been back home already.

• Lol! Same story! But be motivated! End of the day he is all yours..
    He is just trying to balance his life which he is not able to properly. Give him space and make him aware as well! That he is not spending time with you! You also hang out with friends! You don't need to sacrifice anything!

• That's a very mature approach! And of course important to make him aware - and maybe even tell him that you've considered leaving. That'll give him a kick up his ass!

• have you talk to him about this issue? its better to talk to him. heart to heart talk. tell him what you are feeling right now.

• I have talked with him about it but nothing's changed. We don't do anything together anymore. When we get home he sits on his phone and I try to talk to him but he just asks me to repeat myself because he wasn't listening. I want to make it work but I don't know how

• Yeah I guess it might be time for me to leave. I guess I just don't want it to end but if that's what needs to happen I have to do it. I'm just so sad all the time.

• yeah it is sad but you can't do anything if he already changed its hard to talk to a person when he is already changed its like he is not the same person you used to know. so i think talk to him for the last time and ask him if still worthy or not? so at least you know what to do next

• Avoid confrontation but to do communicate to him at a time he is most relaxed and when you're both in a calm mood. Try not to accuse or belittle him, avoid saying "you" and instead try "I feel".

• Find new friends so you don't have time for him. Then if he complains dump him.

• I moved cross country with my guy He's from NY I'm from California I didn't have anyone I knew which is why I made friends and not just at school or with in his circle I picked up hobbies and introduced me to people that are hella cool to hang with

• He just needs his freedome, he can't be 24h /day just with you
    I personally would hate that, I wouldn't even think about moving together, because I totally need my space!

• We're literally only together when we sleep that's it. I'm lucky if I get to eat a meal with him and forget about talking. I try and he says he's tired and goes to bed

• make sure that he is aware of the things you're sacrificing for him - and also ask him - make sure that both of you are not angry - how would he like if you hang out with your girlfriends everyday. the thing is to make sure that you guys sort this out peacefully and that he should be aware of your feelings and respect that bc you're the one who's sacrificed lots to be with him

• have you talked to him about it yet?

• Maybe he doesn't realize how much it's hurting you. I would try to be nice about confronting him. Don't make him feel like he's a bad person.

• first of all you must to go back to your family an to make a new friendship

• Simply tell him I would move back if you continue doing this.

• Find some friends, go out, keep busy. The happier you are with enjoying your life and not relying on him for happiness, the less you'll notice that he spends a lot of time with his friends.