If he likes me, why wouldn't he want a relationship?

A while ago this guy was really into me, he wanted a relationship. I wasn't that into that into him and we didn't work out. We remained good friends and now I really like him. When I spoke to him about it he says he's doesn't know yet if a relationship is what he wants with me. He told me he does like me though. If he did like me like he says wouldn't he want to be together?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• because you broke his heart once and he doesn't want to risk it? Be logical for a second here : he wanted a relationship with you a while ago... but you said no... now you change your mind? NO WONDER he hesitates

• I just got out of a relationship when I met him, he knew this.

• What do you mean so what? He obviously knew I didn't want a relationship. And that was a couple years ago. He does like me again so there could be a chance he could want a relationship.

• you don't know that for sure... stop assuming things you obviously don't know about

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because he likes you as a person doesn't mean he wants to be in a relationship with you. You hurt him, just because you've changed your mind doesn't mean he's going to come to heel just because you haven't found anything better than him.
    Respect his feelings don't match yours anymore

• It's not that I haven't found anything better than him, him and I are good friends so I really like our chemistry. We click. Before I didn't want a relationship because I just got out of one.

• And now he doesn't want one. That's ok too

What Guys Said 3

• You obviously hurt him and he fears getting hurt again

• might just wanna bone, or maybe he's not looking for a relationship with anyone right now

• U deserved it girl.

• I just got out of a relationship before he knew this

What Girls Said 3

• Only he will know but perhaps there is somebody else he likes as well and/or the fact that you tried previously and didn't work out might be putting him off. Ask him to explain it.

• I don't want to be too pushy you know?

• You don't have to be pushy - just ask him what the hestiation is about as you want to clarify where you both stand.

• he might be unsure of his feelings about you

• Why did you do it to him? You can't bench someone and then expect them to be ready to play when you are

• I just got out of a relationship, I wasn't completely over my ex so I wasn't as interested in him as he was me.

• That was very responsible of you but he could be past that