When do you know it's worth it to start a LDR?

so we became very close me and this guy from the other side of the world haha basically in no time , he's very sweet and caring and is treating me very well and we do like each other , overall we're acting like we're a thing , but we postpone officially calling it that everytime because of my low self esteem tbh i feel like id hurt him or something but now i'm kinda convinced i should do it , just don't know when. when do u know that you're ready for this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you wanting an LDR with someone who you may never see? Are you doing it because it is much less threatening than being in a real relationship where you would actually have dates?

0|0
    1|0
    • see we still don't call ourselves a couple , but we've already planned and looked up everything about how we gonna meet so, that was outta context

• Show All
    • we planned how we could meet , that's a good start from where we're standing , and yea we do have the possibility to maybe even live together if we wanted in the future, but again that's not what question's about

• Yes, the question is when is it worth it to start a LDR and you need to consider whether there is any real possibility of it becoming a real relationship or if it is just an exercise for you in which you pretend to be dating but you really aren't.

Most Helpful Girl

• i m in one. How frequently can you see ea other? How much is the ticket to fly ea time? What's your job situation like for both?

Who will move?

0|0
    0|0
    • probably not as frequent , like 600 bucks , currently starting college and him starting a new job, so mainly a transition situation , and he will

• Show All
    • i said he will

• if he is willing to move then give it a try. but it takes a lot of work to maintein till the move actually happens.

i have read from here... the guy said all that to the girl. went to visit. after the visit, his words changed. she decided to end it and now regret ending. he stopped talking to her.

i m with my boyfriend. we are making it work because we try to make time for ea. other through daily contacts and visits 2-3 times a month. we have other challenges.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• in my opinion a real LDR can only work if you have a chance to meet once a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • have you spend more than 3 months?

0|0
    0|0
  • hope it will works for you

0|0
    0|0
    • so i should do it?

• i think if you really like eachother yes, you cna better do it then regret you didn;t

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!