Did I ruin my chances with this boy?

So... we've been friends for a very long time. He's always told me he likes me and tells me I'm beautiful etc... I've always liked him too, as more than a friend. Anyway, about two months ago we were together and had sex for the first time together, it just happened. Since then we have a friends with benefits thing going on which I didn't exactly want to happen. I want to go out with him and have a relationship but I feel like I ruined the chances of him liking me in that way. I don't know if I've made it so he sees me as a sex buddy instead of a girlfriend now
So my question is, what would you do? Would you lose some respect for a girl and not want a long term thing going on if she slept with you like I did? Sorry it's a stupid question.. thanks

12

What Guys Said 2

• it depends on the guy. if the only reason for liking you is to have sex with you then you won't be in a relationship with him.

if the guy likes you for your personality, then sex won't change his thoughts. sex will act as a motivation to be in a relationship with you.

but simple advice /suggestion is that if you want a relationship, then ask for it before sex.

• drop him. i would loose respect if i allowed that to happen to me. if thats all he sees you as you need to find someone that would actually date you

What Girls Said 1

• Not all guys will lose respect for a girl after that. It depends what kind of guy he is and what his priorities are. If your friendship means a lot to him, he really likes you and he's mature, it shouldn't ruin your chances. Be brave and ask him how he feels about you. Try to prepare yourself for anything. And if you want a relationship but he doesn't, don't settle. Don't give him what he wants if he is not willing to give you the security you want. Wait for a guy who wants a relationship.