Do girls even care about relationships anymore?

Every single time I meet someone the majority of the time they don't want something serious. Then what is the fucking point in dating someone then in that case!! Fuck me, it feels like all women just don't give a shit about relationships anymore which sucks when you really fucking want one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't. I like being single! It's awesome.

Most Helpful Guy

• www.court-records.net/animationgk/miles-aha(d).gif

It's because women wanna "have their cake and eat it too". Due to feminism and birth control, women are now more sexually liberated and we are now seeing the repercussions of it. Women who engage in casual sex all the time will be seen as repulsive for guys who want a committed women. It is very common for women in their 30s to then look for a guy who will give them commitment and were never considered good enough when they were younger.

However, there are plenty of good quality women out there. They are just is less common to find as good quality tends to be apparent in small numbers.

• I wonder how you know about women in their 30s and their needs when you are only 19. I daresay you have never met a single 30+ woman who wanted anything from you. please stop repeating this bs these bitter men on here keep repeating. It makes you sound like an ignorant.

• @ProjectBaby1K how very interesting. You didn't read my comment and yet you felt confident enough to come up with a counterargument.
      I guess I know to what type of people you belong. (if you don't know, it's mentioned in my previous comment).
      Anyways, every time I have to argue with the likes of you I drop a few iq points which I'd rather use on real world issues. I'd appreciate it if you didn't lable me as anything with the very limited knowledge you have of me. I believe that's what they call judgmental and says more about you than it does about me. If you meant it as an insult, well I don't really see it as one. Is this one of those American things?
      I see no point in further explaining anything to you as I have made my point very clear.
      With that said, feel free to go ballistic.

• @Glue-Sniffer "Drop a few iq points"? You can't even defend the points your making yet you have the audacity to insult my intelligence?

You said feminism is stigmatized, which is what I retorted since the complete opposite is happening. You now even have celebrity feminists who use their large platforms to reach even more women. What you just replied doesn't build your argument one bit.

The only thing you've made clear is that the fact that you regurgitate nonsense you are unable to defend like "feminism is being stigmatized", and then insult others intelligence when they put you in a position to defend your arguments. I have no need to "go ballistic" on someone like you. Goodbye. ✌️

What Girls Said 46

• Yes, we do. But not all of us.

There could be several factors at work here: age, student/not student, career. It's actually pretty common that when people are becoming adults and just building their lives (ages 18 to 24ish), people don't want to get "strapped down" into a serious relationship because they are recently free to the world. They want to have freedom to do what they want, like stay up until 2 a. m. at a party making out with some random hottie. And nothing is wrong with that.

If they are a student, it might be the freedom aspect but also their focus on their studies. School is time consuming, difficult, and stressful. Building serious relationships can be time consuming and stressful at times, so they might want something low-key so that the one big thing in their lives is school.

Same goes with career. It is arduous but rewarding to build a successful career, and it might feel like having a serious relationship hinders that. They would love to stay late at working finishing paperwork to get promoted, but at the same time they feel guilty because they know their significant other is wanting to hang out. But if it's a chill, low-key relationship, who cares?

There could be other factors, too. Maybe they do want a serious relationship, but they feel like if they want to be a strong, independent woman they have to act like they don't care that much. Or, maybe, you choose crappy women to date. However, since your age says 18-24 I'm thinking it might be related the reasons I explained above

I hope this helps!

• I love being in a relationship- that's why I got married. To me, my partner is my absolute best friend. The only one in the world I can tell everything to without fear. I know everything about him, he knows everything about me, and yet we're still perfect in each other's eyes.

However, finding and being with my husband wasn't my top priority in life. I was in three very short term relationships before him, relationships I had no intention of making serious. They didn't mesh with my career, there was no room in my life goals for them. They weren't the right guys too keep around and I knew that.

So maybe it has less to do with the flat out refusal to stay with someone long term, and more to do with finding the right partner. Some people are only good together for a bit of fun, while others might just be perfect for each other. You just gotta find the perfect one.

• *all women who you''ve happened to express your interest in
    Personally, all I've ever cared about is being in a relationship, and enjoying being with someone as we help each other grow and develop as a person- sticking together through the good times as well as the bad.

I can say the exact same for the majority of my friends as well. So.. yes. Most girls (based off of these small sample sizes) do care about relationships a lot.

• All girls I've met throughout my life never wanted something casual with any guy. And I know it sucks, lots of guys are like this also but we should generalize. Another thing is, it depends of where do you meet them? Like, if its at some bar, usually its a casual thing. If its at uni/work/etc those can be mixed, you can find both types I think but I don't know, thats just what I think.

• Some do, some don't.

In my case, I do want a relationship. This is true and will be true, but at this moment, I'm skeptical as to if I'm ready for what I want.

So until things work out, I need a clear head; when I start dating, I want to be dating for real; I have no time for a confused/kind-of-but-not-really relationship. A lot of girls are in the same situation as I am, but take the other road and rush to snag a guy, then tell them that they don't want to commit. Guys can get annoyed/hurt too, so I've just abstained from it all for a bit.

• I think you can have the best fucking in relationships and I <3 romance so yeah, but I don't want to be committed atm.

• Girls care, you just haven't met the right one yet. When I was single it felt like no guy wanted a serious long term relationship, just cared about sex and then when I didn't want to have sex, they will break up with me or just stop talking to me. Don't give up yet, you will find the one.

• Man thats how we feel to about guys too lol but hey dont give up, there. are plenty of girls who do want serious relationships

• No we're soulless demons who just want your money.
    media.giphy.com/media/sY4SjlTUgRUmQ/giphy.gif

• Girls want relationships with guys who have qualities they want

• Sounds like you just find the wrong girls.
    Though I don't know which girls you have been after.
    I'm assuming you can look at signs if they are even interested in a relationship, som are quite more obvious.

And without making this personal, it could maybe have something to do with you? Your personality or looks or something?

Sure many women are not interested in a relationship, but the same goes for guys. It's just a matter of finding the right one.

• The three-word translation of all of this is "lower your standards."

• We had a good positive conversation. :) Thanks! If only all internet conversation that starts with disagreement went like this.

• @brain5000 Hahha I totally agree, it was great! You don't experience it a lot, so I really appreciated this discussion :)

• No not all. Don't generalize us. There are some but there are also like us who really care and wanted a serious relationship.

• Fuck relationships I only care about the D!

• I could say the same about men. . When did this dating shit become so hard. How come no one has balls to just be fucking real with one another?

Why do people waist ppls time. U wanto a relationship cool... u don't okay we can be friends but I'm hoping to meet someone on a deeper level!

• lol, i have boyfriend and i love being in a relationship, maybe you just had bad luck, you'll find someone, be patient

• yeah there are girls that care about relationships, there are just some out there that make it seem like we dont, dont lose hope by thinking we're all the same

• I do

• do guys? no they don't. i love being in relationships but i meet "emotionally detached" assholes who want nothing to do with relationships. ones who just want to fuck. selfish and inconsiderate fuckers!!

• I feel that way about guys so :/

• You sound royally pissed off 😂 just calm ya tits down lol

• Yes! Guys are just too damn confusing and play way too much.

• depends what type of girl, you can't just categories all girls! im so looking for a boyf

• I am a girl ready to get married and have kids.. I think about it a lot. I think that comes with maturity. I was like that when I was in college.

• its just u haven't meet the right one yet. once u met her then all this perception will change.. trust me I've been there..

• Yes they do but I have come across guys who didn't care about relationship.

• I have no interest in getting involved in a serious relationship in my life time

• why not?

• In my experience women are just as needy lol

• Yeah, people have come a long and bad way from how things were in the past... It's just missing the point because it's all about being needy, in this tough world you need someone to be by your side, someone to lean on, someone to need...
      And not to stick some cocks in you while getting a numb vagina and while detaching your sex from your emotions, thus diminishing your chances to fall in love in the future. So sad to me :(

• Girls care? What the hell you have no idea how much girls care! Maybe it's then girls you are meeting. Ha I stress every day over one person. This is funny.

• I feel the same way about you men y'all don't want anything serious but sex.

• I want something serious... serious sex! Oh righht giggady go!

• Actually most of us do, there are way more guys who don't want to settle down than girls.

• Of course girls do care. Most girls are more emotional and vulnerable, and they would take relationship with guys serious.

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 18

• i think most girls do care obviously some don't. there is no hard and fast rule for ALL people regarding dating and relationships.

• Yeah they do, who are you asking? Only hookers? :- D

• There are much less people who want to get married these days. Makes sense why it's easier to find a hookup compared to commitment.

• They want something serious, just not with you. Which sucks, I know. Don't listen to the stuff they tell you. Next week you'll see her with a different guy, and she'll be with that guy for the next three years.

• The only part of the stuff they said that matters is "our relationship is over." When they talk, this is the only part you need to listen to, understand and accept. And now you can get on with your life.

• There are plenty of relationship girls out there! in my opinion I think you're stereotyping extroverted girls as "not wanting a relationship"

• The problem is clearly every woman in the world and not you OP.

• Nope, girls are more emotional and manipulative than men. It comes down to, two people scared to catch feelings trying to out asshole each other. I wonder, what caused the hook up culture, I graduated high school in 08' and it wasn't quite like that, friends would couple swap but that was it

• Yes, women care about relationships. Girls on the other hand do not.

• No..

• More and more girls care less about relationships but men are the ones who generally don't care about relationships.

The way I see it, why be in a relationship in the first place? 🤔 Think about it. There is nothing you get in a relationship, that you can't get out of one nowadays.

• I think were getting flamed and bounded from these girl comments. I think sometimes we dint give a shit about the relationship so girls tend to give up/ be picky and precise on who to pick for a relationship.

• Some do, some don't. Sounds like you need to find the ones that do.

• Yes.

• I don't know but I don't give a shit about relationships they are garbage. Slam hoes and tickle clits and move on

• I don't want a relationship

• Most women want a serious relationships and if where honest so do most of us but with we both have certain criteria and if it doesn't feel right.
    it can also be good at first but bad later on.
    You want someone who likes what your offering as well as has what you want.

• Women become more jaded about love/relationship the more guys they have been with and fail. Sadly a lot of women instinct tell them to pick men who just use them for sex.

• The fuck. Okay bro here's the plan next girl i start talking too ill just trade you girls cause every girl i get with i gotta flee the jurisdiction to lose the bitch.