Can doing drugs together RUIN a relationship & how so?

Open and honest dilema.. Most couples with drug use in the relationship have a different view and behave in ways only they can understand. Drugs can change someone and im wondering if they do change you how does that relate and maybe im wrong some peopke can handle it others can't..

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say it beats only one partner doing drugs and getting high/drunk while the other is completely sober.

If it's weed, my wife and I only get to try it when we visit the U. S., but it brings us closer with the whole mellow and peaceful and loving feeling.

With alcohol, when my wife and I drink together, we dance and have fun and sing karaoke together. It also brings us closer, though sometimes we start groaning the next day in bed if we had a bit too much fun that night and are both hungover.

• Well yeah. Your funny. Like hello let me enjoy the party. lmao. Thats so nice you two enjoy it together. Some couples will ignore or focus on that "drug" kudos to you that's awesome!!

• Well, I'm half-Japanese (originally from Japan) and my wife is Japanese. Drinking isn't stigmatized so much here. It's a way to let loose and have a good time. Practically everyone does it with few exceptions, and it's customary for people of all ages (even grandmas and grandpas) to go to places like Izakaya and have some drinks together, let loose, enjoy.

I had to coax my wife a little bit to try weed when we went to the states and hung out with our friends because it's so illegal here. I hope that isn't perceived as some horrible form of peer pressure. I didn't pressure her to try it but just said it's not the horrible drug that the Japanese government will have you to believe. It's fun like alcohol. After that she tried it and joined in and started laughing and having a good time with the rest of us. We aren't in any risk of being hooked since it's almost impossible to get here in Japan.

• My wife's an easy-going type. She likes to laugh, likes to drink, dance, sing, likes to high-five people a lot when she's tipsy. The drinking and partying is strictly in the realm of socializing, same as me. It's not a coping mechanism of any sort. Drinking seems demonized in some places and perceived that way. For us it's just a way to let loose and have a good time, get in the spirit of laughter and fun. We probably wouldn't spend nearly as much time together if one of us didn't drink.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's the fastest way to kill yourselves. Talking from my experience w/ 1 heroine addict. 2 of them together would mean extreme co-dependance and they would no doubt feed off of each other's addiction. It's really sad, but they would be destroying each other and wouldn't even realize it.

• Also, my statement is reffering to hard drugs (not weed or alcohol, unless you all are alcoholics, then my statement still stands).

• it says you only allow pm's from people you follow, so..

• okay sent u one im newbie

What Guys Said 4

• You cannot have a relationship with an addiction because their first love is the next fix or drink

• Drugs can ruin anything. Period.

• smoking weed and a bit of drinking in a relationship is harmless, its when u get into excessive drinking and hard drugs it becomes a problem

• Right i agree. little party makes life better. but, having a hard time with addiction and my boyfriends been a addict for 15 years so im like is it the drugs hell haley it must be the drugs lmao

• 1. depends is it molly, coke, weed, speed, mushrooms or pills?
    2. couple on speed or coke are laughable they act so bi-polar and fight physically or emotionally everyday I have seen it
    3. couples on pills are equally insane

What Girls Said 1

• A. Relationship lol nope just party partners a relationship dosent have drugs involved period.