Should I hook up with guys for fun? Will it help with me being lonely?

Recently I just got cut off from a guy I was casually seeing for god knows what reason, so I was forced to move on and get over it.. I'm still in the stages now of getting over him because I had feelings for him, but I'm not having trouble with him anymore. It's more so myself and other guys..

I really don't know where to meet guys besides parties and Tinder, and since I don't go to parties all the time.. I've been using Tinder. Probably not the best idea, I know because it's a "hookup" app. But whatever. So I just found an attractive guy, and he compliments me first of course. Then he asks for my snapchat right away. I know where this is leading to obviously but I'm really considering it. I'm just afraid if I do actually hookup with anyone from Tinder, I'll either A. feel worse B. feel better or C. the past is going to repeat itself.

I've been trying to work on myself (goal setting, going out with friends, etc) but I still have that empty void that is bothering me and is making me think: oh what the hell go out there and have fun. I don't know..

12

What Guys Said 2

• Discover yourself. Talk to more guys and think about things you do and don't like about how they talk to you. What do they say and do that you think is charming?

For more advice on where to meet, tell us your nearest major city.

• Enjoy your life. You have every right to be happy, without breaking social. and legal. rules.

What Girls Said 1

• You should do whatever you think will make you happy. No, it certainly won't help you to feel less lonely though.