What do you think?

considering my lack of luck with guys, im considering a relationship contract. i have one in process but should i even go there?
i mean its not technically a serious one. the main thing about it is maybe if they take the time to fill it out and read it and have enough patience and understand why its happening then maybe... just maybe lol my luck might be better haha

19

Most Helpful Guy

• No...

a contract shows lack of faith n that there's an end somewhere when he expectations aren't met.

its ok to be single... that guy will come learn to love yourself alone first otherwise you'll end up saying I must have a boyfriend I can't afford to be seen single hence you end up settling just for the sake.

we all pass through many stops in our journey searching for the one... so take time on yourself... maybe you're the one causing the bad luck who knows...

to answer your question its not advisable to use a contract on the guy... who knows it might work it might not.

just be true n be friendly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be patient

What Guys Said 8

• What does your dating history look like, if I may ask? The contract seems a little much. I feel like it would be more of a way to keep guys away from you, as opposed to keep them attracted.

• most likely but basically my history is the fact that after we get into things behind closed doors under the sheets, things go down hill. they get too comfortable. i mean it seemed like a good idea but it isn't technically i real one.

• lol believe me i know what your saying
      and thats what the plan is

• Hopefully it turns out well!

• I would never go through with such a thing. Sounds vain and just plain weird.

• i mean I don't know that i would actually go through with it to be honest. but the intention is not to force someone into a relationship with me. i wouldn't force somebody to do anything.

• To each their own then.

• i wouldn't do a contract but around the 3ed I do a sit down where I talk about all of my intentions what im ok with and not ok with and I ask if there's more they want to add

• Ha-ha, my private life was not successful at all, but I've never thought about the contract. I 'be just decided not to expect anything from any girl.
    If you want them just to become familiar with your wishes, don't call it "contract". Just give them this list to someone who would ask you to become his girlfriend (if you would like him of course).

• If a girl tried to give me a contract for a relationship I would be very skeptical due to the nature of almost every other contract. I would just sit down and have a civil conversation about what you want and if he is willing to commit to you. Don't go and make a contract. That would be quite the turn off for me.

• You cannot enforce the main clauses in such a contract at least in my country so it will be useless

• A relationship contract? No idea what that is but it sounds toxic as all hell.

• What would be in the contract?

• a lot of guys that i have been with sucked at communicating. and respecting my values and lack of understanding of me. basically it would explain (i hate to say it) my exectations and make sure they know what need from them. i never ask to much and im not the greedy type. i just wish certain things were handled and taken care of in a better way than how they were.

• I think the formal contract is... well unenforceable is the biggest issue ;)

As someone who is married, you realize this. Marriage is a contract, and pretty much all that's enforceable is how much money the lower income spouse gets on divorce. That's it.

So the 'contract' itself is besides the point.

What matters IS being able to clearly articulate things you want that are -close- to non negotiable.

I'm not sure what it's like for you, I think it's maybe true but for different reasons, but I was certainly raised expect to -have- no requirements around sex, that it would be wrong of me to have them, that I should simply happily accept whatever my partner mutually wanted and that love was more important.

lead me down a path of misery tbh.

• yea i mean i see your point.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!