How to tell him I like him or find out if he like me?

So I met this guy back in December on a 10 day group trip abroad. We really hit it off the last few days and sat together on both flights home. We really connected and had a lot of fun even though they were really long flights. We watched movies, he taught me how to draw, we talked about our interests. He goes to college in my state so that’s not a problem. The problem is that he is studying abroad this semester. I really really like him and it is so hard not to see him and talk to him as much. We texted for like 2 weeks straight when we got home from the trip. He doesn’t have international texting so we’ve basically been relying on snapchat and fb messenger to talk. It’s hard though because of the time difference I only get 1 or 2 snaps a day from him. But he told me that he rarely uses snapchat and we have a 15 day streak so that’s good lol. I really like him and I think he may like me, but I am not sure. How do I tell him that I really like him or ask him how he feels about me? Any advice is appreciated.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Your story reminds me of one of my favorite movies. It was a story about a girl who was trying to find out if she loved this guy or not. I remember relating to it from the guys perspective and it kinda solidified a theory I've had for a long time: If a girl and a guy who get along spend enough time together, a chemistry is gonna start.

What happened to you on that plane is a perfect example. You two were stuck with each other for hours, you spent time getting to know each other. He taught you how to draw, I'm sure you'll never forget that.

I knew this girl when I was younger and we couldn't have been less compatible. But we hung out a lot and for a short time we thought we liked each other a lot. We fooled around and stuff. But it wasn't real chemistry.

There's nothing wrong with talking with this guy, and don't think that just because you meet the guy on a plane or it sounds crazy that your feelings for him aren't valid. They sort of are! haha You just need to think about how valid it is to pursue a relationship with this person. Could you really see it going for a while? But that's what dating is supposed to answer anyway.

Oh, and get what'sapp its a messaging app that a lot of people who travel internationally use. It works through the internet like snapchat or FB chat to send text, audio and video stuff. You can video call or just voice call too. It's a great app, I promise!

• I actually love your answer so much. Yeah we were on a plane next to each other for 13 hours talking and having fun. People were taking pictures of us falling asleep on each other lol! I really do like this guy and in some ways I think he is perfect for me. It's so hard I feel like I always have bad luck with this stuff. I want him to like me I really do. I have whatsapp but I just don't want to find him randomly on there and message him out of the clear blue. Cause then that would be 3 different chatting apps we use haha. I just really want to know how he feels about me. I wish there was a way to indirectly ask him or tell him haha.

• I don't know but if you ever find out will you write a book and include me in the royalties?

• Haha absolutely!

Most Helpful Girl

• well long distance relationship is really a test in any relationship. but if he really likes you he will do anything to reach you out every single day. we are in modern world why not install Skype which is better than snap chat, you can message each other like texting. well i think you should ask him first if he is dating someone or he is interest with someone before you tell him what you feel. at least you will have a clue or you know what to do if he replied yes he is dating a classmate or someone in his school. you just need to have inject that thing when you are having a conversion,

What Guys Said 2

• I really don't want to break your heart here sweetheart 😕 but long distance relationships hardly ever work. Only about 20% of them workout. I've been through 2 and both times it lead to either infidelity or lost feelings. That being said if you confess your feelings for him, yeah sure he could have some feelings for you too... but where will you two go from there? Secondly, when will he be coming back? And is it forsure that he will come back at that time? All these factors play a crucial role in the success of a healthy relationship with this guy

• He comes back sometime in May. I know it's a while. But we both go to school in the same state so that's not a problem. It's jus right now that he's abroad. And I don't want to make it awkward and ruin a friendship so I don't even know how I would tell him without weirding him out.

• But I'm going to bed. That being said good luck, don't stress it too much and let me know if you need any more help

• Thanks so much :)

• You should get Kik or Whatsapp or something like that, I think you'll be able to text for free internationally with them. So if you do that you can keep in contact with him better. After the semester he'll come back and you can hang out in person. As for the liking him part, if you're messaging him and it takes a while for him to respond or you're always texting first, that's kind of a sign. If he's contacting you first and initiating convos then he may like you. But who knows really haha

What Girls Said 2

• I wish that I had a good answer to this... but you got me there.

The best way is to straight up say it. MUCH easier said than done, but guarenteed results.

• I have literally no idea what to do. And even if I did tell him I have no idea what to even say. It's so scary!

• Just tell him. I know it sounds intimidating, but that's the simple way. You don't want this guy to get away. Make sure you just be up front about it. No complications that way.

• It's just so hard to find a way to tell him. How should I go about doing that?

• You could message him that you like him or tell him over Snapchat, that would probably be a cute way. Just don't over think it. Most of the times we create problems that don't exist out of anxiety and paranoia.

• Yes this is literally me lol I have so much anxiety over this. It's because I like him so much and I don't want to screw up a friendship or freak him out.