How do I explain to her that its not going to work out?

So this girl that i talk to. I found out that she has a crush on me. And i think she wants to be in a relationship with me. But the thing is i don't think it'll work out. She doesn't know that i am a muslim. It's going to be hard for her to fit in with my family. My parents are not religious but my parents culture is diffrent then hers. And I'm kinda adaptable with both cultures. So i don't know if she can adapt as well. Not saying im going to make her convert or anything no. I'd never do that. It's her life and she follows what she believes in.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you explain your concerns kindly and thats the reason you don't see it working long term, she'll understand and feel a bit better it's nothing personal. Best of luck

• have u ever had to let go of someone you really like/crush?

• @She_af_dude Thank you for MHO! All the best :)

• i gave u the mho not him haha

What Girls Said 18

• I had Married a Muslim Man from Egypt and being a Christian girl, I didn't Need to Convert, and No one, hun, Held anything against me, it was my Husband's own Choice.
    Just like you as well, it has to be your own Choice and Voice.
    Good Luck. xx

• I believe if you like her enough, you need to sit her down and have a really good chat about the whole situation, and let her know all your concerns! Please please please do not pull the whole, cut down on contact and eventually ignore her stunt, itll break her just as it has broken myself and many others. If its meant to be it will be, so I suggest talking to her

• for me honesty is the best policy, just be honest with her. explain everything. there is nothing wrong with being honest. you need to explain to her as soon as possible before her feels for you gets deeper

• Don't lead her on , be kind and honest i always found that is the best thing to do

• If your parents are not religious why does she have to adapt to your culture? Are you speaking about Ramadan? She doesn't have to participate my father is Muslim and I am non religious entirely he didn't put me up for adoption

• She doesn't have to. But I just fear that if i do end up with for a while and maybe marrige talk will happen, will my parents accept her? Because by thst time I'd be too much deeply in love with her

• @She_af_dude tell your mom's they rock

• I most certainly will

• If you like her it wouldn't matter ^-^ maybe things really work out. But if you think that's the best choice be sweet/respectful with her and explain things clearly to her

• You explain to her why you think it won't work out. And do it to where she doesn't feel like she is the problem.

• You say "it's not going to work out"

• Be kind but straight with her. Don't tell her it's because your Muslim or that your family may not approve. Tell her she is amazing but your not interested. You don't want to make her think she can convince you otherwise.

• Tell her to fuck off lol

• Sit her down and explain it to her... be careful with your words

• Be upfront with her about you being a Muslims. Everything you've stated here is sincere and reasonable

I was in a similar situation with a Muslim friend. We got very close. I loved all of his morals and values. That's what initially attracted me to him, but I didn't know he was a Muslim at first. As our friendship started turning into something more. He eventually told be upfront about him being a Muslim, and why it wouldn't work out for us . I was devastated at first because my feelings for him were growing stronger

I started researching into Islam. The more I did, the more I realised it would be selfish of me to expect more of him. His love for God is so deep, deeper than the love he could ever have for any human. I admire him for not going against his faith , and putting God first in his life. We are still good friends though. It was difficult at first, because of my strong romantic feelings for him.

I'm sure if you are honest with this girl she'll understand. If not , then you have to put your friendship with God first. I admire you so much and sincerely wish you the best xx

• Thanks. Its nice to know since you already been through it.

• how doesn't she know you are muslim?

• Beacsue were normal human beings. I can't tell if someone is a Catholic or a Christian or a jew.

• i know...
      lol

• 😜😜😜😜😜

• If u like her go for it don't let your religion stop u

• "BICH it won't work. Step.. " *waves hand and rolls eyes*

• I wouldn't say anything, just don't flirt with her and let her attraction fade out.

• With all due respect you need to live your life for you and not your parents. We are never going to make our parents 110% happy, but being closed off to someone because they are not with you doesn't mean they're against you and they need to understand that.

• Unless ur like aperfect child but that hasn't happened since like ages ago

• I would do the same but I don't want to be a motavational speaker. I want to write music and I'm going to be the next white rapper

• @She_af_dude well, if that's your dream go for it. As long as you believe in yourself you already are half way there.

• Just tell her slowly and kindly

• That won't hurt her right?

• She might be upset, but she'll get over it eventually

What Guys Said 5

• So because you DON'T KNOW IF SHE CAN ADAPT AKA YOU DON't KNOW SHIT.. It's just not going to workout? Wow how arrogant on your part. Just tell her she isn't capable because somehow you are a mind reader ! LOL

• U know what man ur right. I'll just stick with it and stay with her

• It's not you it's me

• I am atheist but usually religion is a prob but in my opinion just tell her slow, and not the awkward kinda slow. The thing you tell her before you break it to her should lead to the subject. And also keep ur cool =}

• be kind man she may not understand in the moment but its probably best over all

• what culture is she?