Does religion matter when dating or going to marry someone?

216

Most Helpful Guy

• Does it matter to you?

It matters to many. It matters to religious sanctuaries. For example churches don't mArry other religions to christianity. Muslim mosques don't allow marriage unless the person has converted

It doesn't have to matter but 'they' shove it down our throats --> so in essence for the most part it will matter

Most Helpful Girl

• it somewhat does have an affect, if your both different religions and get married and have children, what are you gunna tell them? what religion will they follow?

What Guys Said 15

• im a Christian (just putting my bias out there) I don't date non Christians 2 corinthians 6 14-16 ... I've had to consel very few couples but I've had to go for advise almost everytime and the 3 big factors you should have figured out before marriage are religion (what religion do you want your child to be? which church you should go to? ... should/could all make multiple churches work? which holidays do you need to take off) class (what is the minimum $ you can live on a year? is it ok to only eat out once a month or do you have to have once a week? do we need 1 car or 2? how many forks are needed at the dinner table?) last but not least culture (who gets last say in an argument? what will our diet be made up of? who cooks who cleans? what language (s) should our kids speak)

• Nope. No matter what religion they are, I don't want to date or marry them because I'm asexual and aromantic.

• Whole dating... doesn't..
    Marriage - it might just matter..

Not important for me though!!

• Everything HELPS
    such as this

• Not as long as they don't try to get me to participate. I'm fine talking about their religion and faith and the theories and history behind it and all that, just don't ask me to join in

• Yes and no. I'm an agnostic. I'm ok with any religion just as long as they don't try to convert me/preach. I don't know if it will work with overly religious people though.

• It doesn't matter to me what someone believes as long as they show me the same respect. That being said, most of my relationships have been short term because I'm openly a pagan and refused to convert. My last relstionship ended with the crazy bitch trying to shoot me because I refused to go to church and convert for her despite us only being together a month.

• Not to me

• Yes.

• yep.

• I'm an Atheist, not sure if I want to date a religious girl. Maybe if she was spiritual, but nothing else.

I just turned down a girl who is religious couple weeks ago, because she lack any fun or personally.

• what kind of fun did you referred to?

• Some fun, I would not name all of them

Fun in the bedroom
      Wanting to ride motorcycles (Want to learn how to ride one)
      Going to clubs/bars

• Not really if you both love one another

• It does.

• No, but I wouldn't date a Muslim.

• Yes, sometimes. I'm fine with people believing etc. But if they are too strictly religious or use their religion as a excuse for being sexist, homophobic, racist and spread hate, then I wouldn't spend my time together with them. If I had to join their religion in order to be together, I would thanks no to that too. I'm a atheist and I doesn't want to be religious. I don't want to follow religious rules either.

What Girls Said 1

• It does.