How to not go off the deep end?

We planned to go see a Chinese new year parade (my mom, boyfriend and I). He said he couldn't wait and everything. Now he tells me its probably better if i just went with my mom, he works grave yard shift and is probably going to work 12 hours. He said we will hang out Sunday. I feel hurt and explosive because i planned the whole thing out. He told me he really wanted to go too. How do I not go off on him but feel my feelings without taking it personally

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd definitely let him know how disappointed you are. Just keep a civil tongue if you are really into this guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex used to always cancel plans or... add to them instead. Just empathize with him. Imagine if you couldn't do something he wanted. It would suck, but it is what it is. How would you want him to react to your cancelling of plans? Would you want him to be mature and say how he understands or... get angry and yell at you for hours? Different perspective :)

What Guys Said 2

• look at the foot marks on the side of the pool before you hop in duh..!

• You don't. He knew this all along I bet.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him you are hurt and let him think about that. Say it simply, straightforward, and end it at that. Maybe take a bubble bath? Those are relaxing.