Is being lazy actually good in dating?

Lazy people are usually looked down upon and thought of as losers even though they usually get paid the same, get the same grades and have the same quality of life as everyone less while putting in much less effort.

Iam kinda lazy not gonna deny it especially when it comes to girls, i find texting all the time, approaching random girls or girls in general and always trying to impress quite exhausting and not my style so i dont do it freuqently (and some never ), sometimes i think to myself that iam at a disadvantage, i dont seek womens approval, i dont try to meet women daily, i dont try to impress every woman i meet, i dont show them how much i care and i dont make an effort to make their life fun and interesting... etc

but at the same time that hasn't really hurt my chances at all, if anything i still get plenty of attention from girls while guys who do all of the above are normally at a disadvantage and work hard to maintain the level of attraction women have for them, and it works for women too just look at how some women dont put in much effort but the guys still try to seduce them and attract them as hard as they can and offer them all sorts of gifts and compliments.

• Yes
  • No
  • No a certain degree yes
    Vote C
  • Depends on your other qualities
    Vote D

78

Most Helpful Girl

• Laziness to me is unattractive if it's constant.

You don't have to dote on me every second of the day but if you put forth minimal effort 100% of the time I assume you're the type to give up in a relationship and expect me to keep the fire going.

Absolutely not. Will pass you up instantly.

• when people hear the word lazy then believe it means the person is not putting any effort at all but what i meant is that unlike clingy guys and girls iam more the kind who shows interest, and gives attention but in small doses i dont have a need to validate my love every 5 mins or make my girlfriend tell me how much she likes me all the time, like i will do it sure but not often which to some sounds lazy if you're in a relationship and you're not constantly bombarding your partner with love and attention.

• Well that's what lazy means. Lol.

• @IceCubedude
      Totally agree with you. That's me by the way. Those clingy people just suffocate you. It's totally unattractive

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the girl, I dated a girl who wanted a low maintenance relationship. I was friends with her, she was a dancer, stopped for a while. So then she wanted to date me so I thought it wouldn't be bad because she stopped dancing. I tried to help her get her dream job of being an x ray tech but low and behold, She got scared. She was having issues adapting to regular life, going to bed early, working 9-5, only drinking at happy hour with college grads got to her.

She ran into her old stripper friends and tried to make me look like an asshole for trying to improve her life. Well I failed, they sucked her in, she dumped me, went back to dancing and found the bummiest of bums. She was happy for like 5 months then dumped him. I also confronted her stripper friends and told them the only reason they didn't like me was because they didn't have a decent man trying to improve their lives and that no normal man would want their girl dancing for a living.
    They actually admitted I was right and I had proof that she got scared of being an adult and ran back to fantasy land so we all came to a mutual understanding. One of those girls hung up her heels for good, granted she got a young sugar daddy but still. That was years ago and i'll never make that mistake again.
    But long story short, some people just want someone to ensure them their shitty life is okay, and having someone try to enrich for the better it is like spending 13 weeks at parris island USMC boot camp.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, how should I say this without sounding arrogant...
    I'm kind of the same way. I'm the same as you in terms of being lazy to find guys. Now, I won't say how many guys are after me or find me attractive (everyone's attractive in some way or the other) because that would make me sound arrogant. I don't think it's inherently a bad thing to be "lazy" or, in other words, uninterested to be constantly on the search for suitors. It's more like a conscious choice to do so. However, if you are alluding to being the non-responsive and irritable bf/gf or dating mate, then that's the kind of lazy you want to avoid being. Hope this helps?

• That could ne the most selfish, irritatingly arrogant and the biggest turn off I havecever had the horrible misfortune of reading in my entire life. The girls that you get are probably just as shallow and disgusting as you sound as a person and it actually made my skin crawl. you treat someone special because they mean more than some random girl you don't even like but it sounds like you are such a catch any thing you are lazily half adding will be such a wonderful gift the experience of being so lucky to get you should make any woman feel like she got ripped of and is problay enough to make me sick justvacting like you aren't a lost cause with to much of an ego and way way way more into yourself that anyone else ever will be hope you end up alone or wit being such a douche and waste if time.

• are you mad that i dont put in any effort and that gets me girls? oh well can't please them all and you're too old for my taste anyway at 34 you should be married for kids if not then revaluate your life choices, miss.

• you are jealous and you are old, the quality of girls i get is quite decent actually i dont even go near crackwhores not my kind, as for you , i doubt you look amazing at 34, if you did you you wouldn't try so hard to insult a guy 12 years younger than you , you sound bitter and i was right you're not married, have no kids and no guy takes you seriously , your biological clock is ticking, get laid while you can.

• @whywouldyou You sound irritatingly arrogant.

• Nope, I think it's an unattractive trait in my opinion. I'd never date anyone that was lazy.

• If you are comfortable with the kind of girls you are attracting more power to you!

• no certain kind tbh i pretty much attract most of the girls i meet

• well, i dont usually notice these kind of things but the few girls that seemed pretty attracted to me and i found them very attractive happened to all be quite good at school, are studying to get a degree and 2-3 of these girls happened to be quite talented musicians (they dont play the same instrument but theyre still pretty good), if you mean do i attract loser girls that are low quality with no goal in life then no , i mean sure some girls are like that but plenty are actually pretty decent ladies.

• To each his own.

• If you're with the right person, nothing should be seemed as hard work.

• I dislike laziness, in myself and other people. My guy being lazy is a huge turnoff

What Guys Said 7

• Well, it's better than coming across as desperate.

• lol you're the first person to mention this and it works wonders but everyone keeps saying how laziness isa turn off but they are attracted to those who are emotionally lazy and never or rarely show love

• Being a lazy slob... no !! That's why I got rid of my ex wife. What you mean is not being desperate / needy , in which case it's a big yes. Neediness in a man will = guaranteed F-off type rejection , as he is perceived as weak

• yes thats my point , some call it lazy if a guy is not emotional and he doesn't try hard to show his love for his girl, iam not saying its bad to show love but the guys who act desperate are the ones getting screwed over, thats why some women (mostly attractive ones) date a guy then after a while start flirting with a new one they find hot , simply because the other dude does not give them a reason to chanse him.

• Why can't we be lazy? if thats how we are then we can't help it. Jeez girls these days think there princesses. We have to treat every girl we see in a respectful manner and try to impress her, we can't be lazy around them. We have to hold doors open for them, we gotta carry shit around. Fucking hell these double standards tho.
    Then when guys try to impress and care, they take it the wrong way and call you a stalker, pervert, weirdo and reject you without even giving you a chance. Then they ask us why we dont try?

• "Lazy people are usually looked down upon and thought of as losers even though they usually get paid the same, get the same grades and have the same quality of life as everyone less while putting in much less effort."
    ... No? Not typically, and usually it's other factors making up for that.
    Like for grades, I'm pretty lazy with schoolwork, but I'm really smart so I passed relatively easy back in high school.
    But with girls, I'll put in a lot of effort towards that but I'm super unattractive, so yea a lazy guy who is attractive usually gets more attention.
    Laziness is rarely a good trait if it ever is, but certainly not in any of those scenarios.

• i can relate to the grades thing i dont get A's most of the time but i still pass while not working as hard as other people who study day and night.

as for the girls... yeah they find me attractive so i guess thats one reason why i can still get away with being kinda lazy.

• For guys it is. I mean obviously you have to bait your line and throw it out there but once you get a bite don't try to reel it in too quickly. If you let the girl do most of the work she has more invested in the relationship.

• usually girls dont like lazy ones , even they are themselves the same. I am also lazy but i really dont care :P

• in all honesty people dislike lazy people but dating wise if you're lazy when ti comes to showing the girl how much you care or how emotional you are... etc i believe its actually a good thing girls proved over and over again to be attracted to guys who do not give them the attention they seek from them, so being lazy means the girl has to work harder to get you to actually show her how much you like hre.

• Yes, it is in many ways. I don't know why, but girls become obsessed with you when you act like you aren't too into them. That said, I'd be lying if I said that going out to meet women has gotten me laid much more.

Did one of your friends tell you this or you read it in a dating book or something? While they do have a point, it's not like you can just say"Okay I''m going to completely ignore women from now on watch how they come to me." You have to be "lazy" in the right amounts, in the right way. That has to come naturally to you. Don't just copy what other people do. Do what works for you.

• Or should I say FIND what works for you and do that ;)

• no no one told me this i figured this out myself and this me, iam a little lazy sometimes and it works for some reason, this is just me i never show too much interest or attention, its not like i ignore a girl completely it doest work, but small doses of attention are what works the best, of course really nice guys and girls will never admit this so its a waste to argue with them, i just do my thing and my friends have noticed (and some other women) that i do in fact get a lot of attention from girls without working hard at all.