What is dating? What's the purpose of it? Why do people date?

1021

Most Helpful Guy

• people who can't be alone with their self, needs dating

Most Helpful Girl

• Mainly to get to know that individual on a deeper level. This help to see what your into, your like and dislikes. Will your family care to meet this person also.

What Guys Said 20

• Women have 100% of the sexual selection power in modern society. Males have zero. 'We' date because women demand that we date. Perhaps that's a significant difference; men express love by having sex. Women have sex only by expressing love. So they set us these interviews. And essentially, that's what dates are. So I don't believe in pre-sex dates. If makes had any power at all, having sex and Then getting to know the person would be much more prevelant.

• No idea, I never bothered other than a couple times that I found tedious and time-consuming. I either fuck them or don't, and I all I need to do to see if they are fuck worthy is look at them, ask for STD papers, and pay them $150-200 an hour. Don't need to date for that.

• Dating, verb: a stage of romantic and/or sexual relationships in humans whereby two or more people meet socially, possibly as friends or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in a more committed intimate relationship or marriage

• This is going to absolutely blow your mind. Ready?

I like girls.

media.giphy.com/media/5aLrlDiJPMPFS/giphy.gif

Ready for an even bigger one?

Girls like guys.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5ef4c69770.jpg

• To find the one you will be with forever

• To find out if they love eachother

• To find out whether someone is right for you and whether you want to get married and spend the rest of your lives together and to also construct a foundation in which you can build upon and expand upon in marriage.

• To develop a closer relationship with one person on an interment level depending on your age. You most likely dont know what you want in life yet.. Guy and Girl are still discovering themselves and who they are to become so they can't tell you what they want till they know about themselves first.

Dating gives you a chance to see if that person is the right 1 4 you...

• To get to know other people?

• Sex. Companionship. A way to feel valued through desirability.

All things that are unnecessary and often counterproductive but momentarily gratifying.

• For real. Too bad more people don't use the term "courting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0ozDjAQco

• Get to know someone, have fun.

• love it n to have sex

• to find a marriage mate... that's the original reason.

• Its sort of like a filter. Compatibility check

• To get sex

• Dating is where people basically test to see if person A is a compatible mate and life partner for them. Dating is like basically preliminary to relationship, and first form of bonding in which you'll spend time together BUT not as often as someone say in a relationship or marriage.

Dating---Relationship---Marriage

• I assume you've forgotten since you're 100 years old. But since you're 100 years of age does it really make a difference?

• It is a way for emotionally masochist people to ensure that they have enough heartache in their lives.

• you meet a creature, get to know it and then it dies... what is the point?

What Girls Said 9

• To get to know the person that might or might be your future partner, i think dating is important, even if you have many dates (obviously they don't have to end and MUST NOT END under the sheets) you can learn many things, and you can actually analyze everyone in different ways, and even learn something about yourself.
    I loved dating men when i was single, it was fun, but i never really had second dates with them until i met my current boyfriend lol :P

• To get to know a person before considering a relationship with them.

• Some of the dudes on this site don't understand the concept of dating and they straight up message you telling you they want you as their wife 😱😳

• Haha really?

• @inna13 I've no idea about you. It's just something I've noticed throughout life. I think it all depends on how discerning you are. It's just strange when you think about it. You may hear a person saying how much they love someone, how they are their world, can't live without them or that they are their soul mate... then a year later they are saying the exact same thing about someone else LOL.

• @Truthatanycost that's just crazy 😂😂

• For me I think it involves uniting with somebody who can help you build your dreams whatever those dreams are - my dreams involve helping people and having beautiful children and being around a virtuous and loving person

• To me a date is a prearranged day and time to meet up for sex. Whether it's a client who's paying me to have sex with him or whether it's a friend I like to let fuck me.

• To find a life mate you can reproduce with..

• Title makes it feel special to people with a special relationship. Dating is courting for marriage

• To see if they are compatible with the other person.

• I'm not looking for just a casual relationship, or hook- up. So my sole intention of dating is to get to know the guy on a deeper level, in the hope it'll develop into a Long-term relationship.