Guys, when it comes to dating, how important is her height to you?

Does your own height matter as well? For example, if you are a short guy, most likely you'd have to date someone taller than you and vice versa if you are a tall guy, the odds of dating someone taller than you would probably be slim.

• The girls I date absolutely have to be shorter than me.
    9% (8)
  • The girls I date can be my same height or shorter.
    27% (23)
  • I don't mind if the girls I date are 1-2 inches taller than me, but no more.
    18% (15)
  • I don't mind if the girls I date are 3+ inches taller than me.
    46% (39)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Girls can not vote on this poll
I'm a Guy

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe I prefer a girl who is around my height or a tad shorter (especially if we wear heels). I like that feeling of being face-to-face with a girl when we're both standing upright, and definitely not standing on a stool to kiss her or vice versa. I've danced with far more girls that I've been with of a wide range of heights and shapes and weights and I like how it feels to dance with a girl around my height who is lighter than me.

It's far from a deal-breaker though if a girl isn't close to my own height. A preference in my case is far from a deal maker or breaker. I've dated girls considerably shorter than me and at least wanted to date girls considerably taller. For the latter case, I lost my whole confident approach when I tried to ask a girl hovering over me while looking up. She became a close friend instead.

• I believe I prefer a girl who is around my height or a tad shorter (especially if we [/she] wear[s] heels)

• In my case, I'm 5'7 which makes quite short by U. S. standards but a very comfortable height here in Japan where most girls fit into that range I seem to prefer.

• The one girl I asked out who loomed over me was Australian visiting here in Tokyo. She became a close friend but I would have loved to have dated her at the time. I just couldn't really take it seriously when I tried to ask her out. It came off as goofy and cute in a way she thought was funny.

What Guys Said 33

• Height is not important to me.
    Love doesn't know such numbers. Height. Weight or sizes and shapes.
    I'm 5'8 and i am so comfortable with the way i am. And i don't have to justify myself to anyone. As long as my opposite finds no issue. I have no problem.
    Height doesn't determine anything about an individual.

• ... except their height, lol

• I prefer same height or shorter, but I could probably get over it if she was only an inch or two taller as long as she met all my other criteria and didn't try to emasculate me over it.

I'd probably date a girl who is taller than me before I would ever date a girl who weighs more than me.

• I don't mind just so long as she's not taller than me.
    But I also wouldn't really want someone too short either.

• I'd perfer to date someone my height or shorter, but I'm open to taller if I find them attractive

Too bad there aren't nearly as many girls that feel the same way

• Well, people like what they like. We shouldn't pretend that we don't all have preferences for this over that. Biologically, it's helped us, like all mammals, to continue on as a species selecting against unfavorable characteristics in a mate in terms of rearing children. Why should anyone "settle," just so they don't hurt someone's feelings? I mean it sounds worse for someone to say that they are dating you because you're short and they don't want to appear to perfect strangers they don't even know as superficial. Not because they actually find you attractive, or funny, or smart, etc.

• Sure everyone is entitled to their preferences.. The whole tall thing is to feel "protected" apparently. But now if women really wanted to worry about strength, there's something called a gym for her and her boyfriend. Nowadays women are like,"If I'm taller than him on my heels, he's not worthy."

If people were open minded and didn't care so much about superficial things and what people on the street would say, we'd all be better off.

• is your DNA 100 percent animal? where did biology not tell you that? did they forget something or are you just delusional? there is good and bad science. I must be a plant because i am water and I eat and drink and grow with vitaminD from the sun. I burn up and shrivel too. my flesh is worms. i must be a plant then?

• height is one of the last things on my mind. And probably one of the last reasons that I would not be attracted to one.

• Somewhere in-between choice "C" and "D". I'm 5'4" and good with dating a gal up to say 5'8" or so so I am able to kiss a gal with a minimal of fuss / when the feeling strikes me. I'm not sure how I'd be if I would have to stand atop something as in the picture.

Side note, for some reason I think that more gals (on a percentage basis here) that are taller than me check me out vs. gals my height or shorter. Might just be "wishful thinking" though.

• I am short for a guy, but I'm still taller than the average height for girls. So I'm a stickler for dating girls shorter than me. Although I have fewer options than guys who are 6'0 +, I still have plenty of options.

• I prefer the same height or around my height as I'm 6'2. The shortest I'd go is 5'1/5'2. I once had a date with a girl who said she was 5 ft and when I met her in person, she ended up being 4'5. Holy fuck was that awkward for me.

• Wow, really? I'm not sure who she thought she was going to fool with that one... did you not have eyes? Was that her line of thinking on that one?

• I don't care about height but I do notice tall women more because I'm tall.

• height isn't a big deal to me, I prefer not super short but taller is fine. I'm 5'11"

• I'm short and don't date since i'm not into women I can go down on while still standing up, simple as that since I don't settle for what I happen to find just because she's willing unlike most guys.

• My height or less , I do prefer a few inches shorter though

• I don't mind a girl who taller than myself I'm currently 5'9" ( 69 inches) and
    of course i don't mind shorter girls.

• im over 6ft, so much shorter please

• frankly speaking I like those who are shorter than me. It's a male ego thing I guess.

• Not important at all

• not too much important, unless she is really short

• When I like someone at first sight height is the last thing that comes to my mind. But usually, I like girls more or less with my same height, no drastically shorter or taller than me.

• I've never met a girl my height so it doesn't really matter

• It's very important. I would never date a woman who is taller than me.

• I'm 5'11''. I don't like girls who are taller than me.

• Compared to other factors that I believe should be taken into consideration, it's meaningless

• Should have an E, Don't give a damn at all about height

• i personally like petite girls but if her personality is good it really doesn't matter.

• I don't mind at all

• I don't mind if she is taller or shorter what matters is if she cares and loves me.

• I'm 5'5, I'm cool with dating chicks 4'10 to 5'8.

• I'm 6.3feet whenever I went to date girls was always short than me I have no problem

• I'm not fussed about height that much but I'd prefer shorter because I find heels sexy AF

• i prefer her be shorter than me without heels, but taller with them

• More from Guys
    3