Almost 18 and never had a girlfriend? Am I even normal? Tips for future?

I'm turning 18 in 2 months and will be going to university in the fall. While I'm not so concerned about getting a relationship in these next few months since it probably won't matter, I'm still extremely worried that it will not get any better once I go to uni. My dating history is awful. I've been rejected by pretty much any girl I've asked and I just don't know how it can get any better once I start in September. What should I do? I feel like a complete anomaly.

75

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you are normal there is nothing wrong with you. Maybe you'll meet her when you head off to college. That's where most people meet there future partners anyways. It'll get better don't stress about it or worry about it to much. You are still very young to find love and you have your whole life ahead of you. If you find love when you head off to college that's great. And if you don't find love that's okay as well. Just don't make finding a relationship or a partner one of your top priorities. Wish you the best of luck in college. Trust me you have nothing to worry about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, you have absolutely nothing to worry about - trust me I'm a hopeless romantic. College is a great place to meet new Girls and of course meet new people including Female Friends - which are actually a valuable asset. Just try to strike up a conversation with new people sit beside them and talk to them about their College life. I got rejected just last week by a Girl for a stupid reason and at the end of the day I don't care it's her loss - their are many new Girls to go after. Don't however get obsessed by getting a Girlfriend though as everyone moves in different stages in life - some people are ready for a relationship quicker than others. Go in with a positive attitude and you will be fine - trust me you'll do great.

What Girls Said 6

• It's normal boii. I had my first boyfriend last year at 18 years old. Basically never had a boyfriend before that cuz I focused on my studies and had a family tradition of not having a boyfriend yet till I finish my education basically. But I was just so curious how it felt having a boyfriend. But I learned my lesson out of it and told myself not to rush and wait for the right moment. Don't feel obligated or be ashamed that u never had a girlfriend yet. Just wait until it comes to you👍🏼

• This site obsesses over silly things lol

• You are absolutely normal. And (side note) your grammer and spelling concerning contractions are the best I've ever seen on this app.
    Back on topic, you will have many chances throughout life. Don't cheapen love by feeling lik you MUST date someone while at college. Love is built between two interested people. Love and dating takes its own time. Keep it up.

• your starting uni! perfect time to meet some girls! just try and be confident and strike up convos :)

• There'll be more girls at uni meaning chances are higher - you'll be fine, just try to relax and be yourself😊

• very normal

What Guys Said 4

• Don't worry, there is nothing wrong mate. Unless you really want a girlfriend, focus and do other stuff you could not do with a girlfriend. And meanwhile you can still have lots of fun meeting girls even when they are only friends, see what girls like in guys and how other guys flirt (techniques etc.)

• very common around your age, heck there are lots of guys well into their 20's and even 30's who have never had a girlfriend before

• Just focus on your career. Don't waste your time pleasing any girl.

• It's fine