Boyfriend only does romantic things for me, how do I take this?

So my boyfriend told me he doesn't feel things like he did, a month ago, and he just doesn't feel romance and only tries to for me. He has depression which im sure plays a role. He only went on dates for my benefit and not his own, which kind of hurts me. He said he needs time and i asked if that meant time alone and he said he didn't know. I offered to take a break, i love him but i dont want to be in a one-sided relationship and he said he didn't want to break-up and it wasn't completely one-sided. I dont know what to do. He said he was trying to feel romantic and needed time and medication so he is trying to get on that. I told him, "dont do things if you dont get anything out of it" and this whole thing is miserable because i want to be in a relationship with two people who feel it, am i wrong? We canceled our date for tomorrow because i dont see a point if its just to make me happy. What do i even do? Do i just put up with it and wait for him? How long? I feel so alone on this.

What Guys Said 2

• Never wait. It's over move on

• you can love someone and not feel romantic. how long gone have you been together?

• 4 months

• Well thank you

• hope things work out for you

What Girls Said 1

• No. I wouldn't wait for him if I were you. If he's not feeling it any more, what's the point in waiting for him in case his feelings decide to return? I wouldn't waste my time. But that's just me.