My boyfriend said he doesn't know what to talk about. He's a talkative person and can communicate with other people. Why is it just with me?

We've been together over a year and he is a really great guy. He's 19, I'm 17. He talks to my friends, which are all guys, and has no problem talking with them. We talk pretty much about the same things. Video games, movies, shows, anything. He still tries to text me, but it turns into small talk. Communication isn't that important to me, but it's weird. He doesn't have any female friends (except me if I count, lol), only guys. He seems to only talk about videogames, when he decides to open up. I really love this guy, and I'm sure he loves me too. How the heck can I improve communication? 🙁

Most Helpful Guy

• Once one has gone through all of one's normal stories and other talking points in a relationship, sometimes the struggle for communication can really rear it's ugly head depending on various circumstances.

He probably feels some added pressure of impressing you or something as opposed to just shooting the shit when talking to his (or your) guy friends.

I've always personally been more comfortable talking to guys because guys will talk about whatever. Women always seem like they are judging a bit in some fashion. A lot of men also simply don't want to open up about serious topics or normal, real life stuff like family, the future, etc.

What Guys Said 2

• learn new stuff of video games

• maybe you should try to talk to him about this coz giving opinion about his mentality might turn out to be a greater problem for you

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you don't have much in common.